My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

So...Today I wondered if anyone in Homosassa blogs. Now, I know my sister has a livejournal and all her friends use it, but I'm really talking about people who blog as opposed to quoting song lyrics that talk about killing someone and trying to pass it off as their own. So I bopped over to google and typed in "Homosassa blog" and got a TON of hits for people who had blogged about the Jessica thing (I'm not typing her whole name because I don't want to get those hits). I also ended up with a blog I thought might have something. In the search synopsis it lead me to believe it was a blog that mentioned Mandy Rivers who is a DJ in Homosassa. I got half way down the page only to notice that pictures were loading. NAKED pictures. I wonder how it is that I never knew Mandy Rivers posed for playboy? Then I found a site with a man advertising for parties, and then he stated that he had moved to Alaska so he wouldn't be able to have parties in Homosassa anymore. I think the people on that message board were very upset to have one less set of swinger parties to attend. There was a picture of this man. He was OLD and not pretty. Who knew there was so much sex in Homosassa?
Dude, have you ever tried to google yourself? It's crazy what comes up. Well, nothing comes up for me, but that's just because I spell my first name wierd. But for everyone else I google, it's crazy.

The things going on in Louisiana and Mississippi are terrifying me. It is completely beyond my comprehension that people are shooting at the very planes and helicopters that are attempting to help them and others. As for the looting, I can understand that people need to take the food. With houses destroyed, any supplies that they had are probably destroyed. And Insurance will cover everything regardless, all perishables will perish, and they buildings will most likely have to be torn down to build up, which will mean disposing of what is left. As for the people stealing TVs, stereos etc... What are they thinking. There isn't going to be electricity for months. And it's really not feasible for you to be able to carry out that TV. In addition, as a Florida resident who has sat through hurricanes AND watched the news carefully when hurricanes are out there, including Katrina, I can't imagine why so many people would stay. If a category 5 hurricane is coming right for you, you should leave. We would have evacuated our house if a category 5 was going to hit the Tampa area, simply because of the wide spread such a large hurricane has. I can't imagine why so many people stayed knowing this thing was coming at them, knowing that their homes sat below sea level, and that the only thing preventing their houses from normally being flooded were a few levees. There is a time when staying is acceptable, and there are always going to be some who stay regardless, but for so many people to have stayed is unimaginable.

As for this "gas shortage," I've never been really sure that it was "necessary" for gas prices to be so high, and I am pretty sure that the current administration doesn't mind the inflated cost of fuel. I think people are failing to take into account the fact that a good part of Louisiana and Mississippi are not going to need any sort of gas for months now. They have to cars to drive and their houses aren't even standing let alone requiring energy usage. Don't get me wrong, I understand that the cost is going to skyrocket, but this sudden fear of shortage, along with the number of briefs government officials are giving seems to be a little unnecessary. They may be meant to stave off fears, but I think, if anything, they are making things worse. So, in the mean time, I'm conserving gas, and hoping that in a week gas prices will stop hiking up, and this madness about shortages will cease, so I can worry about my class work rather than getting to class.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.