My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

So...I think highschool must be the most of the completely ridiculous phrases ever. When I was in highschool Lisa Harriman started using the phrase "you blow goats" or "that blows goats" etc... I think I kinda always just thought she made it up. Granted, I never really gave the origin much thought. But I guess either I was wrong about that or the phrase originated right here in Citrus County and no one is giving her proper credit for originating the phrase. Just a little while ago I was doodling around on the internet and someone used the phrase, and I immediately thought of Lisa. I'm sure she would be proud to know that. So now I'm going to tell a story.

Lisa and I were in Spanish class together along with a couple other fellow band geeks. We all spent a lot of time together doing band stuff, but the Spanish class was just coincidence. One day we learned how to say goat in Spanish (not that I can remember now) which gave Lisa the idea to learn how to say "You blow goats" in Spanish. But blow is probably not a word they EVER teach in a highschool Spanish class she had to ask the teacher, who now that I think about it, surprisingly provided the information. And so began the Spanish "You blow goats," not that I can remember how to say it now. Horribly sad. So one day she said it to someone who could actually speak spanish, and his reply was "You hit goats?" Turns out the teacher didn't understand which blow she wanted to know, and Lisa had been walking around telling people they hit goats. But I think the point here is that it's the thought that counts.

3 comment(s):

Wow, thank you. I never thought when I posted that story that someone would be able to tell me how to say it properly (though I'm not sure that phrase and the word proper have ever gone together).

By Blogger Malissa, at 11:56 AM  

Malissa, does this mean, your going to start saying it now....HA! lol... You have the correct way now!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 AM  

I probably should, but I don't have very many opportunities these days where it would be...appropriate to say it. And besides "Le haces mamadas a las cabras" is a mouth full. What I mean to say is, it'a a lot of words. It might be difficult to work it into normal conversation, but I'll try just for you. If I get beat up it's totally your fault though.

By Blogger Malissa, at 4:49 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.