My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

So...Name a color.

I've been meaning to post for days now, I just never get to it, not that I'm doing anything that's taking up so much time that I can't post, I'm just lazy. I've thought up several posts in the last week or so. I'm surprisingly witty in my head. Too bad the wit never makes it to this blog.
I went to the mall today, and it's been so long since I've been to the mall myself I started to wonder if I'm aloud to go to the mall by myself. But then I saw Justin and Samantha there and since they can go to the mall by themselves, I probably can too. Really, it's been a long time. And I noticed how much the mall needs a wash and wax, it's getting a little run down looking. It could use some new signs and a good pressure wash.
Recently I've gotten 2 e-mails from people I don't know about this blog. It's always fun to get e-mails from strangers saying they liked something I wrote about or are going through something that I went through and are glad they aren't the only ones feeling the same way I did once. Interestingly, in both cases, I almost didn't open the e-mail. I have the same yahoo account I've had since we went online when I was in high school. I think it must be the oldest yahoo account still in use. I should get a prize or something. But it causes a problem in that I get a LOT of junk mail. A LOT. I've always been one of those e-mail pack-rats. I don't delete anything. In the early days of my e-mail account I would constantly have that yahoo reminder that I was nearing my limit, and when it got to about 105% of capacity, I would go through and delete enough e-mails to be down to about 90%. I was probably the happiest person whenever they increased my limit. But when Gmail came out, yahoo increased their limit to match. And I now have no problem with my limit. It has a bulk mail filter which filters most of the junk mail and deletes them after a certain amount of time, I don't ever even look at it. And I just let the junk mail that makes it into my inbox sit there. I only open the ones I recognize and rarely delete anything. And even after doing this for a while now, I'm only at 12% of my limit. It also means that if I don't recognize your name, and your subject doesn't ring a bell then I might just figure it for junk and skip over it. It was just luck that I read either of those recent e-mails. So...I'm considering moving to my gmail account. I got one when they first started testing Gmail, because it was offered through blogger, an arm of Google, which is the parent of Gmail, I didn't even need a code, I was a bad test dummy though because I didn't use my Gmail. But I do check it occasionally and I haven't gotten a single mail their yet. So they must have some good spam stuff going on. The only thing stopping me is that I've had my yahoo account for so long, and I don't want to miss e-mails from anyone who wants to get a hold of me.
So the moral, if I don't know you and you want to e-mail me about the blog, then mention the blog in the title, so I know to read the e-mail. And if you e-mailed me about the blog and you didn't hear from me after, then I probably didn't read your e-mail, sorry, send it again, because I like e-mail that isn't trying to sell me male enhancement products or refinance the mortgage I don't have.
And as for the color question at the beginning, if you said anything but red then you aren't a typical north American. That was a trivial pursuit question I got off my pringle. Apparently when you ask most North Americans to name a color they say red. So far, this is not the case. Let me know what you said so I can count you in the survey.

Note: the trivial pursuit pringles are great to take on a picnic, we got subs and took them to the sugarmill park and had a little picnic before Nikky's soccer game Sunday.

1 comment(s):

And you have to go to this website. Not only does it tell you the Pringles add line for several different countries, but as you scroll over the different countries the Pringles man changes his hat. I love that America gets a cowboy hat. And it's tan. Everyone should have a tan cowboy hat. And a tan cowboy.

By Blogger Malissa, at 11:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.