My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Nikky is recovering from what is most likely a case of Salmonella poisoning that she got from a snake she bought, brought home, and kept in her closet without telling anyone. She didn't really do a good job of keeping that secret though.
I'm pretty sure she thinks that no one has ever gone through this before. Her grossest comment of the day came right after exiting the bathroom this evening.
"I deserve a Publix sub!" she announced, and then followed it up by telling us that it was a little bit solid.
Thank you.

A week or so ago I found a place to live next year. It's a really nice place, I haven't actually seen it yet, but it's in a new townhouse community. It's a 3 br 2.5 bath end unit. She's just renting out one bedroom and the other will serve as an office. The only real downside so far is that it will only be for this year. I will have to do the whole moving thing again in May. But if all goes well it will be worth it to live there for the year, AND I won't have to pay rent over the summer. I just have to remember to find a place to put my stuff or get another place starting in May.

This means I need furniture. Yes, I'm 24 years old and I don't even own ANY furniture of my own. So...I looked in the newspapers, and online. And I found out that it's not all that common to find a FULL size bedroom set, but I already have full size linens, so I would really rather stick with full size. And then we spent the weekend going yard saleing. It was interesting, You would not believe how ugly the furniture is around here. We saw 2 white with gold trim sets, which I hate. It bothers me that they paint the wood, and I guess there are some places that it is okay, but I really only see it as being okay for little girls' bedrooms. We also saw a chest and dresser that would have been okay, though I really didn't like it but it didn't have a headboard (which I could live without) or a nightstand, and in reality when you get down to the bare essentials I just need one dresser/chest and a nightstand. I decided pretty early on that I would rather just a chest, because it will be easier to move, and I'm apparently going to have to do that a lot. So I didn't get that set. But by far the worst thing I saw was a complete black lacquer bedroom suite. It was $200 and I honestly don't know how they are going to get rid of that, they should just take it to the dump on free Tuesday and be thankful that they didn't have to invest anymore money in that absolutely awful furniture.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.