My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

So today was an interesting day. I got a lot done but not really. I went to the review for biochem, but since I hadn't watched the lectures that he was reviewing I didn't have any questions. Only like 10 people showed up. So there weren't many questions at all. But I think in the long run it will help me, it made me more familiar with the material in any case, and I learn better with interaction. Then I came back to my apartment. I was going to finish watching the end of a lecture I had started last week, but then my mom messaged me and I got distracted so I didn't. Then it was time for me to leave to meet with my practicum preceptor. We set tentative dates for our community screenings, and now all we have to do is find out if the materials will be available. And make a brochure/handout/thingy. So then I finally watched the end of that lecture and then 3 more. And then I was going to watch the G'ville review, but my connection got slow. I have no idea why it would be fine all day and then get slow at 1am. There should be less people on the network right now. One thing I am noticing about this apartment is that the walls are very thin. Thinner than they were in the dorms. I can hear EVERYTHING. The other night when I was studying for the PBD exam my roomate had friends over and I could hear EVERY word they said. And they were talking about stupid stuff, and sexual conquests that simply were not at all likely to have occured. And then the next day when I woke up there were shirts scattered all over the floor, they had decorated them with puff paint, and were letting them dry. You know what they said? SLUT (single ladies united together), or something like that. But the night before there was a guy out there, so I can't imagine how much enjoyment he must have gotten out of the evening. Anyway...Back to the walls being thin. I can even hear things outside. Like the other day there was this ice-cream truck and the music was so loud in my room that I went looking for my cell-phone even though I knew it didn't make that kind of a ring, and then I was looking at my computer to see if it was doing it. And my biggest problem lately with the thin walls. Someone needs a new battery. About every other morning or so someone spends what must be half an hour trying to turn the engine over in their car. I guess eventually they do get it to start, because if not it would be very cruel to torture me every morning at 7am. Don't even get me started on that unGodly hour. I live on the third floor, can you imagine how thin the walls must be so that I wake up to someone downstairs trying to start their car? Yeah not the kind of place I want to be in a storm.
So yeah, the unGodly hour thing. This morning the review was at 9:30. so for traffic I left at 8:30 (well probably 8:45, it was too early to be on time). When I left there were kids waiting for the school bus and I was like, wow, it is way to early for me to be up.
Luckily it is the weekend, and therefore, hopefully the person who needs the new battery will not need to leave so early in the morning. If they do they may have a very tired person opening the window and yelling at them. I mean come on people, when I needed a new battery I got one. I did it just last weekend as a matter of fact.

Also today the biochem homework was due. I HATE excel. I don't think anyone can understand how much, well unless they had to do the assignment. I got so many phone calls today it was crazy, I never get phone calls. And people were sending me messages, and e-mails. And at 5:00 they just stopped. Note to the biochem people: This is not an excel class, if you want us to figure out rate constants or km or Vmax or anything else, then just give the assignment, but don't make us learn very specific, otherwise unusable functions in a programs that most people don't know how to use, beyond making a simple spreadsheet. I mean, how many people know how to make a graph, with a trendline, that shows the equations, and is extended backward so that you can visualize the x-intercept? Or even know why when you try to do 1/3 that it tells you it's the 3rd of January and doesn't care how many times you delete it and retype the values, or how to chage the cell format or what to change it to? Well a few more people do now, but it wasn't necessary to do the work, except that we had to do it in excel.

So...What is done so far:
  • All the biochem lectures covered in the exam.
  • PBD presentation research (which is all I have to do so I'm done)

What I have to do this weekend:
  • Finish ICS presentation, and outline (I have to present this one, but I won't practice until the day of)
  • All Dosage Forms lectures that are on exam
  • Study for Biochem
  • Study for Dosage Forms
  • Begin PSR exam (which looks like it's going to be a pain too) Does anyone else hate pubmed?

Yeah. I can do it.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.