My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

So...On with the computer problems, and the no cancelling of classes.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to stay here for a hurricane. I'm pretty sure the building would fall down around me. Not that it is falling down now or anything, it is just that I don't think it was built to withstand 100+ mph winds. You know? So it's noon and still no word. I think I might just go home anyway and come back tomorrow if necessary. I really don't want to have a drive home once the outerbands make landfall, not my idea of fun.
My internet still isn't working great. Last night after I posted it was suddenly much faster, I watched two lectures! Then I was going for a third (because it was the second in a series), but it started getting all slow again and skipping, I really wanted to watch the whole thing so I could cross it off my list, but it was like 3 am, so I gave up halfway through. I just finished watching the second half, the connection was not any better and I was able to pack in between the buffering, I didn't miss anything. That is how bad it is.
They keep moving Jeanne west, so I'm thinking it is now going to really affect Gainesville, so I'm going to go check the web-site to see if they have just cancelled all classes. I can't believe they cancelled classes for Ivan before it even got near here, and Jeanne is supposed to hit TOMORROW and I haven't heard anything. What are these people thinking. I need to know this information so I can make plans.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.