My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Friday, September 24, 2004

So, something is wrong with my internet. It is really really slow all of the sudden. It was fine this morning, I watched 2 lectures, I had plans to watch tons more. Then when I went to watch the third one it was suddenly buffering all the time. I've seen the network like this a couple times, but never this slow, and never ALL day. Sometimes in the middle of the day. But I've never had a problem at night. I don't know what the problem is but they better fix it. I have mucho lectures to watch here. And, Jeanne is looking like she wants to visit the east coast so I'm not sure what to do. They haven't canceled class Monday so I can't leave, but if there is going to be a hurricane I am not staying in this apartment. I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't stay standing for long in a direct hit, and it would be a direct hit if I had to be here. And I really don't want to end up in a shelter when I could just be at my house. Today there was a tornado warning for UNF, I'm like 2 seconds from there--in traffic--so I was worried, but nothing happened. I was talking to my mom online and she was like, well just go down stairs, and I told her they are outside, and she was like, what's outside? So I told her the stairs were outside and she was like what do you mean? So finally she gets what I mean, and then she says go downstairs in your aparment, and I'm like, there is no downstairs in my apartment, and the stairs are outside. I don't know why it was such a hard concept, she came and looked at the apartments with me when I signed my lease. I think she was just not paying attention to me. Anyway, my apartment opens to the OUTSIDE, it's like a deck with stairs that go down.

So my internet problem, I just finished watching a 45 minute lecture that I started at like 1 today. I turned it off several times to do other things hoping that when I was done the connection would be back to normal, but NOPE. So I watched it while it was buffering like every second, because I have to watch them, I'm so behind, I had it all planned, I'm supposed to be catching up. Instead my connection spead is like 18 kbps. Or whatever units they are supposed to be. I tested it. Hello! I can get better than that on dial-up. They definitely need to fix this.

Also they need to tell me if the hurricane is going to hit here, I need a definite. And then I need to know if school is going to be canceled.

Why do things need to be so complicated. Why can't the hurricanes stop threatening and hitting us, why can't my internet work right and why can't I just keep up with the damn lectures? Hello people, I have an exam Tuesday, and presentations and a quiz, and lots of stuff to do, not to mention that I want to get it done so I can take a breath.

Wow, there's another America's Next Top Model? I did not know this, why do they not advertise, I would watch it. I don't have any idea why I like it. And why is it that all the girls they find on here are always poor, from the streets girls that can wear 5 inch stelletos without killing themselves? Where do they find these people? Makes for good tv anyway.

So I'm going to think about suffereing through another lecture tonight, but I think I'll just go to bed, I don't think I can stand 2+ hours of skipping lecture. Bleh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.