My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Well, so today was the first day of classes. Technically I just had lectures. And...if I never had to go to campus I don't think this would be so bad, but since we do, and that takes up hours of the day, and then you feel like the day should be over, I can tell we are going to be busy.

I got here last night and I'm already homesick. I want to be back home, reading a book, or crocheting or sitting and watching TV or rent a movie with my mom, and I want to be able to see the cats. I miss that already.

I don't think I mentioned it but one of our cats is sick. He has hepatic lipidosis and you can look that up but basically it's a liver problem and one of the effects causes him to not eat or drink...and the treatment is to eat. So he's being force fed. The usual treatment is for the vet to insert a feeding tube surgically and then for the owner to feed the cat through that tube several times a day for 6 weeks to 3 months. But it is very expensive and doesn't always work, so the next option is force feeding, which is what we chose. For a few days over break we thought he was doing very good and would get better but then he took a big step back and also starting being even more difficult to feed. But when I left he seemed to be improving some. The prognosis is generally not too good, but it may be a good sign that he is still alive and seems to be improving some. But this has been going on since a couple weeks before break. So about 5 weeks... And I feel bad because now mom has to do all the feeding on her own and she's working, and dealing with a sick cat. But maybe with everyone gone during the day the cat will sleep more and have more time where he isn't afraid he's going to be held down with an eye dropper shoved in his mouth and he will start feeling better? Maybe? Maybe he'll get hungry during the day and eat some on his own? Maybe?

Also, I got that hook. And I am a bad person and haven't left feedback, I'll do that now. But it is gorgeous. It's black pearl and ruby and the black part is like a silvery shimmer color. And it's sooo small. I'm going to make socks with it. Someday.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.