My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The lowdown

So here's the deal. Going into finals I had a lot to worry about. There were a lot of chances that finals would pull down my grades so far that I would end up with some consequences that I'm hoping I never have to face, but realise given my prior performance are pretty far inside the realm of possibility. The only REAL worry was in my two biggest credit courses. There was a little worry in another because though I had an A going in, the final was worth 50% of our grade and so there was a possibility that I could fail just based on that one exam, and it didn't help that it was a 10am and we had a HUGE exam at 2pm the day before. I narrowly missed a D in one class. And I was able to pull it out on the final and get a B on it, which ensured me a C in the class, and if he is nice enough to curve just a big I may have a C+ or a B (please). I can hardly remember the time when I would have been horrified by Cs anymore. And I can assure you that when I was checking grades and I saw that in the first C class I had a C I nearly threw a party. The other class allowed us to take our exams with us so that we could check it against the key that was posted later. I didn't check it for 2 days because I was so worried that I had done poorly. It's one of those classes where, you just never can tell how it's going to go and they always test us on some aspect of the material that we didn't really know or understand the difference between that and something they did cover. It's crazy and nerve wracking. But I was lucky and managed a B. I also spent a lot of time supressing panic attacks so that I could study for it like crazy. And so this whole long explanation is because I went into finals pretty sure that I would walk out with 2 more Ds. We're only allowed 3 before we have to start retaking classes and I have 1, so that put me in a rather bad spot. I don't want anyone to think that I exaggerating or putting myself down, or unaware of my abilities. I was very lucky on a good deal that week along with my hard work. It probably didn't hurt any that we did psychiatric disorders during finals considering I was a psych major. While we never studyed anything like we studyed for these finals I was at least more familiar with the basic disease states and some of their symptomology. The fact that I didn't get any Ds this semester (at least I'm pretty sure about that) is also a big relief for next semester which is supposed to be even more difficult. It gives me a little leeway. And it should (maybe?) pull my GPA up a little, little bit. Trust me, the anxiety and the panic and the crazyness were well deserved and It probably won't be the last time it happens. But at this point I'm more than excited about my grades. So, yeah, I did okay, not stellar by any means, but well enough that I'm really happy with myself right now.

I'll spell check tomorrow.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.