My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Jenn called me tonight. I knew as soon as I answered the phone that something was wrong, but I had no idea. Her brother was killed in Iraq. She was upset, and I couldn't make out all the details of what happened. I couldn't think of a single thing to say other than, "I'm sorry," I'm so sorry. What do you say at a time like this. I told her to call whoever she needed to and come home and be with her family. I was completely useless, I had no idea what to say, and I have no way of getting there to be with her. When they all joined the various arms of the military I ranted and raved (not to them so much as myself) about it, about how it was dangerous, and unpredictable, and a bad idea. But through all of that I never considered it would really happen. Not to them. Not so close. Never so close. I never considered what I'd say if it did. What I'd do if it did. I'm in complete shock. I can't imagine what she is feeling, what they are all feeling. I don't know what to do for them. I know there is nothing I could do to make it better, but there should be something I can say. And I don't know what it is. What do you do? What do I do? How can something like this happen to such amazing people?

1 comment(s):

OMG... Jenn called me Thursday and Friday, and I wasnt home, or around my phone. What do we say to them. I as well didnt think something like this could happen to any of them. Thats too close and personal. WOW.. I will be calling her tomorrow.. I havent talked to her yet. Kind of got to me when I read your blog. WOW... I feel useless as well.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.