My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I have been a negligent blogger recently. And I have neglected a good deal of stuff. When the semester was over, I took a little time to do pretty much nothing. Nikky tore her ACL and had surgery on it a couple days before I got home, and the cat was sick, so aside from getting Nikky stuff to eat and force feeding the cat I spent a lot of time crocheting and reading and laying in my hammock. It was nice. But now I'm back. And I have lectures to watch. Blah. I finished 2 scarves, for Jenn and Charlie for Christmas, and I worked a lot on mine, but I'm not finished with it yet, I think I want it longer, but I'm out of yarn, so I need to go see if I can find a color match. If I can't then I guess that takes care of that. But it's very soft and I really like it. I thought I might be a faster crocheter than I am, so I wanted to do some other things, but I didn't get to it. Right now I'm working on a 3rd scarf in peace fleece that my mom said she would like to have. Originally I thought about making it for an aunt who said she liked scratchy wool, but the pattern I'm using is very skinny so I don't think it would do her much good since she lives in Illinois and it's really cold there. It will provide a little warmth and I think the pattern is cute, so I'm glad that mom wants it.
At first I didn't like the peace fleece much because it was so scratchy, but I have since decided that I do like it. I like it better when it is used in a tighter pattern, the ones I made for Jenn and Charley were a mesh-type pattern, the one I'm making now is more solid, and while it's still scratchy, I like the texture better. I wouldn't use it for a sweater though. The yarn I'm using for my scarf is a single ply wool blend from sensations by Joann (the store), and it's very soft. It's a pretty off white that I think will go with a lot of things. I can't wait until it's finished. And finally, a picture.
OzarkTwist
The blue is the scarf I'm working on now. It's actually a deeper blue, not navy, definitely a royal blue, but not nearly as bright as in the picture. The white is the scarf I'm making for me. It's not nearly as white, more of an off white/maybe winter white. And the hooks are the ones I bought on ebay, and they are awesome. and much prettier than the picture shows, in my opinion.

2 comment(s):

Very nice work I must say.. And the hooks are beautiful, are you liking them?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

Thank you. Maybe I'll remember to take pictures of them when I'm finished. I love the hooks. They work really well, and it's even more fun to crochet with them.

By Blogger Malissa, at 5:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.