My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I'm still having trouble believing it. I don't know how they can deal with it and accept it if I can't even believe it. Maybe it's because he wasn't part of my everyday world. They are very strong people that are showing a great deal of courage throughout this whole thing. I don't know that I could. Jenn flew in yesterday morning. I didn't know she'd be able to get here so fast. Charlie came with her, which made me feel better, I hate the thought of them being alone right now. When I talked to her she was already in Orlando, she would have been home before I could have been if I had left right then. I thought about going home, but it just seemed better to stay here. If it was me, I know that the last thing I'd want to do is feel like I need to entertain guests. And I didn't want to be that for them. I'm also behind in school right now, I knew I had the weekend so I let things slide, now it seems that I shouldn't have done that. So I figured it would be better for me to stay here and catch up so that I can be there when I need to be, rather than go there and feel like I was in the way. She said the service for him will probably be at the end of the week. So when she knows when I will make plans to be there. They think they will bury him in Arlington, so there will be a grave-side service for him there. I wish I could make it to that, but I don't think school would let me. I think as it is I'm going to have to fight a little to get a day off to go to citrus county. Monday-Thursday this week we have classes that can't be made up. But I think that they will not have a problem excusing me from whatever I need to be excused from. I really don't think that it will be a problem, but this program is so crazy, I'm afraid they will tell me that I won't be excused because it's not next of kin or something. And how aweful is it that my plans are made always with the thought of how things are going to affect my schooling? Even at a time like this I have to consider how I'm going to get around it. If I had a regular job right now I could have just called in, explained and gotten leave. But with school they know they have a captive audience who just commited $20,000 to the school year so they can demand anything they want of us.
I just know I have to be there. I can't not be there. It's bad enough that I'm not there now. So they will have to work with me.
They are being so strong. Yesterday they called the people they thought would want to know, so they could tell them personally before it was announced on the news. An amazingly considerate act, that I don't think anyone would ever expect, but one that is greatly appreciated, even more considering how difficult it must be. Today they have started to go through his things and put things in order. I think it's good for them to all be together, good that they were all able to get there so fast.

3 comment(s):

I talked to Jenn this morning. Things there seemed hectic and she couldnt talk much. When I asked how her mom and dad were doing she said, "Truely, or showing everyone else?" I said, "Both" She said they act as if they are great, but truely they are torn up. I am still in shock also. My godmother (catholic) lighted 4 candles for the 4 men this morning. I called her, I am also in shock and I want to cry, but yet I am also more in shock and dont know what to think. I told Jenn that, and she said "Yeah, you two werent close, but you have known him for a while now through me.." Her family has all treated me like family since I have known them.I think your school should understand. If not, they are a$$holes! Pardon me, but thats how I feel.. I wish I still lived down there, I would go. But with my school, and Alexis in school, a 10 hour drive isnt possible. I told Jenn she could call me if she needed me. She said she knew. I hope she really does know. WOW, I have wrote enough to have my own blog! lol...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

Lighted! Dont tell my English teacher! I mean, she LIT 4 candles! lol...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

I know they are hurting a lot. But they are showing such a brave front, and they are truly strong people. It's so odd to think that he is no longer here. I was never close to him either, but I feel the same way you do, I'm as welcome in their house as I am in mine. It's so odd to think that I'll never hear any breaking news about him again. They are so close and shared so much, I think I knew more about him than I do some of the people I talk to on a daily basis. I think she knows that you would be there if you could, and she is glad you called. I will be there for the service, even if I have to go there and come straight back. And I have some time I can be home next weekend. I'm sure that it won't be a problem for me to miss class, it's probably more a matter of how many hoops they will make me jump through.
The lighting of candles is a really great catholic tradition, please thank your godmother for me. I've been praying for them all, I just wish there was more that I could do.
I've always thought you should have your own blog.

By Blogger Malissa, at 11:35 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.