My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, January 23, 2006

I talked to Jenn again tonight. Over the weekend I had called her at least twice a day to see how she was doing. But today I had class and quite frankly I wasn't sure if it was making it worse. When I called she would stay on the line and talk, but she didn't really say much, and I could always hear people in the background talking, and I wasn't sure if it would be better for her to be interacting with them or stuck on the phone with me. But it was important to me for her to know that I am here for her and that I care about her so I called her. I'm glad I did. She is still upset, but she sounded better. And I felt like she was happy I called. She said that they had a lot of news people over today. And she told me some of the plans. They are going to have an Irish wake Thursday, and the service friday and the grave-side service will be next tues in arlington. At least that's what it looks like. I told her I would be at the wake and the service. I have no idea what an irish wake is. I don't know if there's anything i'm supposed to do, any traditions that should be followed or even what to wear. I've never been to a funeral before so I don't really know what to expect but it is not as much of a question mark as the wake. I talked to someone at school and it looks like I won't have a problem missing classes. I still have to e-mail a professor but it looks good. The information has been released and it's on the department of defense web-site and my mom e-mailed me a link to a short article on baynews 9. There should be more tomorrow. I think it's good that they are covering it, people should know what's happening, that it's not good. And more importantly he should be remembered. It's still so odd, even seeing his name in print with a picture it doesn't seem real, like any minute I'll find out I just dreamed it up. He was only 22 and had so much life in front of him. I'm just glad we have the opportunity to remember him properly.

1 comment(s):

OMG, I knew him Malissa! We were in classes together and track!!!! My heart SO goes out to everyone. My mom just called me 10 minutes ago and told me. This really shakes me up, I know that knock on the door can happen here anytime. It puts a face on somebody who died over there. My goodness! Tell Jen and Marissa that I am SO sorry and to write me if they wanna talk.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.