My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

So...This weekend I went shopping. I bought lots of stuff, mainly dress clothes. And I bought these shoes at Target:


They are hot. And of course before I bought them I read all the reviews there at Target.com. Lots of good reviews. They are supposed to be comfy, though they have a short life. Which is okay, because I wasn't really planning to wear them for long periods of time. So...Yesterday, I wore them to Practicum. I'm only there for 2 hours and I figured that I could deal with it for that short time if they weren't comfortable, but that 2 hours of standing would make the decision for me.

I get there and learn that I failed to take notice of the rubber mats they have on the floors. It's like ergonomic or something. You know because pharmacists have to stand all day, so they have matts to reduce impact and make standing more comfortable. A really great idea, that I'm sure many people are much appreciative of. But, spike heels totally poke little holes in it. Opps. So, I spent half of the 2 hours leaning on my toes, to prevent the holes, and the rest of the time trying to stand in places without the matts. All in all, it wasn't too bad. I can't make a definite determination on the shoes because standing on your toes isn't really how you should make shoe judgements. But really, even as I walked out, my feet didn't hurt (the heel is just a little over an inch). When I took them off to drive, there was some pain, but I think that's expected.

I will defintely wear them again, just not in the pharmacy. And I think I'll get some bandaids, because when I just put them on I realized they kind of rub the backs of my heels and I don't want any blisters.

So I'm back to the dress-shoe drawing board for now.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.