My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Friday, September 10, 2004

So...I bought gas. Who'd have thought that would ever be blog-worthy? Well it is now. So I talked to my mom this morning and she said that when she went on a pick-up today that people were lined up again at the pumps. So I was like, "then I should probably go find a gas station and fill up, too." Because I know that at times like these gas can become pretty rare. So I decided I would fill up after I went to school to make some copies. Then I get back in my car and my radio station is out, and I only have one in this area so I have to find a different one. And the first thing I hear on the new station is this girl talking about a rumor about jacksonville limiting the amount of gas people can buy after a certain time. They told her that was not true and I hoped that other people hadn't heard the same rumor, because unlike these people, in case of an emergency I have to drive 3 and a half hours to my house, and I'm not sure that my just under half a tank of gas will get me there. So I need gas, these people don't. It turned out to be an aweful station, so I changed it and kept hearing the same rumor on different channels, all being denyed and assuring everyone that they had checked with city and state officials and this was a big giant lie. So anyway, now I know that everyone in the world will be getting gas, and I have to drive to the walgreens where my practicum preceptor is just to make sure I can find it. Luckily there was a gas station right in the same shopping plaza area thingy. The line actually didn't take too long, I think I might have cut some people that were there longer, but that was because they had gotten themselves stuck in the middle and I was on the outside where there was a free pump, so they couldn't have gotten there anyway. So I was lucky. Put half a tank or so in--17 something dollars. Not bad for a little piece of mind. It's not like this thing is going to get here until the middle of next week, but with the rate everyone is going, there won't be anything left by then.

Also, I didn't have any bad travel experiences today, not that I can remember at least. But that eminem song from 8 mile and american woman (the old one) with all the guitar are not exactly good music for me to listen to while I'm driving no 95. It's a little stressful already. I need something a little less pressing while I'm driving. At least my station was back by the time I was going back to my apartment--not that it was that big of a deal by then--not so much traffic.

I think I might need to start a blog about stuff that happens just while I'm in the car here. It's about all I write about these days.

And on a different note, I have mucho studying to do today. And tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day (test day). I made copies today for that presentation. I also called about my books. They told me last time I called they would be mailed last thurs. and I had 2 day shipping, so I figured even with the hurricane, they should have gotten there. But I called again, and she said that the book they were waiting on (that should have gotten there thurs) didn't get there until Tues, because of the hurricane, but the hurricane shoudln't have messed up a thurs delivery--it wasn't until friday that stuff started closing, and sat. that stuff started happening with the hurricane--and it was fine between gainesville and here. So anyway, it got there tues, but no one was there tues, 'cause campus didn't open until wed. So my books will be mailed either today or monday. I figure if they were going to be mailed today then she would have known for sure that they would go out today, so that means they won't go out until monday, so I won't get them until after my presentation is due. But I should get them right after that. And that's only if this other hurricane doesn't come and eat my books. Did that make any sense? Probably not. So I had to copy some books was my point. From what I saw from the old edition of our text it wouldn't have done me much good anyway. But I found another that was very helpful.

So this weekend I will catch up on my lectures, study for med. chem. and prepare that presentation for ICS(integrated case studies). And maybe study for that other test that is coming up on wed. (whatever it is).

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.