My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

So...Already I'm a little behind with the lectures. It was bound to happen, I knew it would, I'm really just not driven to do stuff like that except when I'm on a regimented schedule. If I had a scheduled lecture then i would be in class every time, because it's on the schedule, but with the lectures online, they aren't even always on at the same times, sometimes they are on 2 hours after the lecture in gainesville, sometimes it is longer. And it is wierd, because whenever they ask a question I always answer it, that's the way I've always been, even if I don't know the answer and am guessing I would often answer out loud. Well not really loud, just a whisper or something. I learn better with active learning. Interaction is important. Now I don't have that so much. I still answer but then I feel wierd, like my roommates can probably hear me and think I'm wierd for talking to myself. But I'm trying to make it feel like it does when your in the class room. I even notice the clothes of the people up front. There is this tall guy that sits in the front, I can always see the top of his head. It makes me feel more like I'm taking an active part in the class. But it isn't the same. I hope we can cover the class material in our group and lab meetings, at least then I will be able to interact more. I think maybe I should get a job, that would make it so that I HAVE to do certain things at certain times, but I know that classes really haven't started getting down to it yet, so I need to wait a while still to see if I can handle it all together. Plus I've heard from several people that it isn't really a good idea to work the first year. So I guess I should wait to make sure.

We're doing something in fundamentals of medical chemistry where we are calculating pHs, and we have these assumptions and then according to the outcome of the assumptions we change our formulas, and I can't figure out why we change the formulas, and how this is the short version when it takes like 10 steps to get to the answer and at least a page of math--and that's just for the ones where the assumptions are right. And if we are going to check if they are right and then changed them if they are not then why calculate based on an assumption? Could this possibly be shorter than the actual calculation?

Also, I thought I would share my pizza recipe. I really like them. So you take a premade pizza crust. Put ranch dressing on the crust, like you would with pizza sauce. Not to much just a thin layer. Slice mushrooms and place them on the crust, use as many as you like. Then take fresh spinach and pile it up. It shrinks a lot so you will need a pretty big mound. Sprinkle garlic salt on top. You might need to use more salt, depending on how you like it and sometimes the spinach needs more salt. Then put mozzerella cheese on top. I like to use slices, but most people like shredded. Bake according to the crust directions--mine are like 10 minutes at 400 degrees. It's really good. I sometimes add tomatoes, and you can use pepperoni if you like.

I'm sure everyone will now run out to try that.

Okay, I need to stop stalling now and watch some lectures.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.