My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Lectures to watch: 5
I've decided that I am going to start posting that every time I post. Maybe that will be enough of an incentive for me to watch them on time. And it wouldn't be that many except that there is yet another hurricane and I spent the morning getting ready for the quiz we were supposed to have only to find out that class was cancelled. Which I'm not complaining about. But it meant that I could come home today, which I did, and so I didn't get to watch any lectures today. The good think is that class in gainesville is cancelled tomorrow, so there won't be any new ones until Tuesday, and that should give me plenty of time to catch up. And study for that quiz more, and time to refresh some organic chemistry. I can remember functional groups all day, I just can't remember their pHs. I'm not sure I really ever learned that, or at least I can't remember it, but it has been a while, so I guess that could explain it. And I need to learn the amino acids again, and this time I need to learn about their polarity and charges so I know how they will interact with each other. For someone who really doesn't care for chemistry I really picked an odd field. What was I thinking? One never knows. I officially joined ASP yesterday. One task down, a million bazillion to go. I think it is harder to be a student when you don't see other students very often. I always talked to other people in classes, so when I didn't understand something I would just ask while we were there, and even if I couldn't get an answer, I would have a feel for whether others were having the same problems or if it was just me. Now, I don't have the sense, and it makes me nervous because I can't tell where I stand. That's why I can't wait for the groups and stuff to get started so I will be able to talk to people more about the subject.
We learned to take blood pressure, pulse, resps, and temp yesterday (at least I think it was yesterday--my days are confused again, with the evacuating and all). Wow, learning how to take the temp had to have been the hardest part. Did we really need instructions? I've taken BP before so it wasn't a big deal, but the girl who was practicing on me couldn't find mine, so I guess I don't have one, it looked like she was doing it right. So that was fun. We still haven't gotten our practicum assignments yet though.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.