My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Insert Breaking News Music Here
So I know that the news says it's been raining here all day, and that the hurricane's a comin'. But in all actuality it hasn't rained here at all today. That's a little wierd considering it's the rainy season and it rains here everyday. But the weather has actually been pretty nice all day. Pretty hot really. I photographed a wedding in Chaz today. It was indoor, and their wasn't nearly enough air conditioning to keep the place cool.
Everyone else in the world is freaking out about the hurricane though, it's just because they predicted Charley's path completely wrong and no one was ready for it, so now the entire state of Florida is in a state of panic. Really the only thing we over here have to worry about is the threat of tornadoes. And yes, I realize we are in the direct path, but we are on the other coast, and by the time it gets here the hurricane it's self will be weak enough. So really we just need to keep an eye on the weather and be prepared if tornados become a problem. But like I said, there hasn't even been any rain today. Jenn called me today and was worried about it, and thought I was crazy because I wasn't so worried, but you'd think she'd know by now that I worry about everything, so if I don't think it's that big of a deal, then nothing has happened to make me worry yet. I did hear there was a tree down in St. Pete. But like mom said, that happens in out normal rain showers this time of the year.
So we don't have our windows boarded up, we don't even have boards. We do have duct tape, so I guess if it gets real bad we can tape them up, but we all know that that doesn't really do any good, when the window breaks it cuts the tape, so it's really just to make people feel like they are doing some good.
We watched 2 movies tonight, and we're so bored with watching the weather we're about to go crazy. The thing is moving so slow the picture never changes. Now, if I was in Palm Beach, where the thing is sitting, it would be a different story, but here we're totally bored with the whole thing. And then I feel wierd that everyone else is freaking out and I'm not. And if Progress Energy shuts off our power tomorrow for the fun of it, I'm going to be on the phone complaining about it. There is no reason to do that unless it gets really bad.
So we got our practicum preceptors, which is just the pharmacist we will be working with, it's not far from my apartment, which I'm very happy about. And we're going to have to make up our quizes that we missed from the class they cancelled, and we're going to have to do it the same day we are taking the next quiz, so I'm not too excited about two quizes at once.
So I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, well, you know, if the crick don't rise.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.