My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Friday, September 10, 2004

So you know how I was all stressed out about exams and presentations and my crazy schedule? Well...Dunt Da Dah Da Dah Ivan to the rescue. So am I really excited about the cancelling of classes due to the hurricane? Well no, not really. It means we will be really behind and they will rush to get everything in and I don't know if I can deal with that. But yes, I am happy that they cancelled mondays test and moved the Wed. test. Right now they have just cancelled Mon. classes (and the test along with it--duh), and they will cancel other days later on if it is necessary. So, all I have to prepare for is the presentation next week. Because I have no way of knowing right now if we will have class on Thurs. I also have several lectures that I still need to watch, and I need to prepare for those tests even though they are being postponed. It's not as easy to do here, because we have dial-up and I need high speed for the streaming video.

I am surprised though that they already cancelled our classes because they haven't even canceled classes for UF yet. And you would think that since gainesville is closer to the hurricane it would be the first to cancel. They have canceled most public schools in this area. So I'm sure they will cancel Nikky's school, they just haven't yet. I was very surprised by that e-mail, I was kinda like, "Are you sure you want to do this? You're not joking right? This is for real?" But it seems to be real.

So anyway, with the hurricane and all I came home tonight. It is much closer to the predicted path of the storm and right on the entry path, but I feel more secure in this house than I would in my apartment. It's not falling down or anything, but I'm not so sure it would hold up in a hurricane. Whereas, I'm very secure in my house. Hmmm....I will have to stick one of those maps up here with the path and mark my places so it will be more clear to those of you who don't have any idea where the places I'm talking about are.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.