My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

So...today was a busy day. I got up this morning at 8:00, I can't really sleep later than that on school days because I feel like I'm being lazy and I feel guilty about being lazy during the first week of classes. So I've decided to get up at 8:00, which is aparently late to some people. Anyway, the problem with that is that my lectures don't get online until at least 11:30. So I print out powerpoints for the days lectures if I haven't already done that and then I read any readings that are online, because I still don't have my books, and it sounds like I will only even need them as a reference anyway. Then I have nothing to do for a while, and I again feel lazy. The problem today was that I had to be on campus for a couple information sessions and groups. So I spent the time I would normally spend watching lectures on campus, and now I still have 2 lectures to go, so it will be a little late tonight. I'm thinking about doing what some other people do and watch the previous days lectures in the morning, because I think I would like to do them in the morning better, and then I would not have downtime until everything was finished. But I'm afraid I might always feel like I am behind. I am thinking about it.
So, it wasn't just me that had the problems with Biochem yesterday. Everyone else was going what is he talking about? What is "this"? It made me feel better to know I wasn't the only one. So I know that a few e-mails went out about it. Hopefully he will fix it. Which is good, because I'm still not liking pKs, I get the info, but I'm not comfortable with it, if that makes sense. But it appears that that is what we are going to talk about in just about every class. That and the Henderson-Hasselbach equation (I know I probably didn't spell that right, I'm not sure anyone does). Next week we find out our practicum assignments. I can't wait to get out in the field and do something, even if it is trivial. I'm just worried about getting lost on my way there, hopefully I get one that is easy to find.
Today we had a library info session about how to use all the library resourses, it was required, and it ran over so, I and everyone else in my group had to run all over the hospital trying to find our way out. People were really nice and kept asking where we were going and giving us directions, they didn't always help though. But I met my peer advisor. I couldn't remember any questions that I might have had for her. Maybe I'll think of some later.
It's still pretty easy right now, but I guess the third day of class shouldn't be too rough. It just seems like the hard part should be here by now. I know it is coming.
I was going to go to the student council meeting today, but we ended an hour early, and I didn't want to wait an hour. I wasn't really sure I would even join student council, and I really don't want to be an officer, so I didn't go. I'm going to the ASP meeting tomorrow though, I think that is what I'm going to join. I think I'm only going to join one this year though. But I want to join at least one.
Nikky called me today while I was at school and had my phone on silent but she messaged me while I was watching a lecture, I think she is having a rough time, she doesn't have any friends, but I'm pretty sure that the problem is that she just doesn't talk to anyone in her classes. I don't know why she expects that friends will just appear magically. I hope she makes some soon though because I'm afraid that if she doesn't she will decide she doesn't like it and quit and settle for what she can get from the dive shop and what Brian tries to convince he is enough in life, and I would hate her to do that before she can experience all the great things college is about. I mean I never was a partier and I didn't do many of the things college students typically find fun but I wouldn't give the experience up for anything. But then I think she is actually probably partying pretty hard, at 6:30 she told me she was going to eat, shower and go to bed. I think that is probably her way of excusing herself from being online later, I bet she is on her way to ybor right now. I'm on to her.
I tried to get to the fedex/kinkos today, but ended up on Kings, so I didn't get there. I might try again tomorrow, but if I don't make it then I will just have them send it to me.
I still don't know why the font is so small, I will work on it when I have time.

1 comment(s):

Yep, she's at USF. That's probably a good idea, I don't know if they would like it though. What year is he? And what is his major? Hmmm...I think she is online right now. Maybe I'll bug her about it.

By Blogger Malissa, at 2:10 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.