My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

So this morning I woke up at 8:00, I couldn't sleep any longer. All these orientations have really messed up my sleep schedule, plus I'm in a new place so when I wake up I guess I'm not as comfortable as I would be at home. Anyway, soon I was starving so I wanted to make breakfast. Since I'm not going to have any morning things I decided to get eggs, and turkey bacon so that I could make myself breakfast everyday if I wanted. So I went out to make breakfast, normally I would have just made it in my pajamas, that's what I've always done before and it's not like I was anywhere near naked. But now I'm living with a guy I don't know, and I don't know if he would be uncomfortable with me there in my pjs. So I just put on jeans, but it's not like anyone else is up this early on the sunday before school anyway. Yep, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life.
Driving here is crazy, they need more stop lights, at least on this road, it's impossible to turn left at certain times. I don't really want to think about how it will be when UNF starts because it is right down the road from my apartment. The traffic is still scary to me but I just keep telling that I will get used to it, but I don't think I'm ever going to like driving downtown in this place. I have to pick up something from the fedex/kinkos downtown, so I have to get out my map and decide what roads to take, and then I have to pray that I don't choose one way roads that only go the wrong way. And I have to pray that I don't get carjacked because downtown is not exactly a good place to be. I think i have just about everything I want and need moved in, it was a lot of trips up those stairs, and I could only take so much stuff at a time because I was afraid I would trip and fall back down them. I'm really going to have to work on not feeling like I'm going to vomit while I'm driving to school functions. When I had to drive to gainesville for the orientaion there I had the same problem. Hopefully it won't be a problem tomorrow because I've already done it once. I think it is just a fear of the unknown. Tomorrow I have to drive downtown for a 15 minute meeting, thats 1-2 hours in the car depending on the traffic. I think I'm going to take my computer and hang around in the office, that way I can use their wireless and maybe meet some more people. I have a feeling I'm going to need some study groups.
I have to go to Wal Mart today and buy socks, I didn't bring any with me.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.