My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, August 02, 2004

I got my brand spanking new laptop today. Yea! I even watched a DVD on it tonight. It was cool. I'd rather watch it on TV but it was cool.
I really hope that the people from my apartment call me and let me move in early. I really don't want to have to stay in a hotel the night before orientation and I need to check out my internet connection so i know if I am going to need to get a different provider than the one that comes with the aparment. Hopefully everything will work out okay. I have faith. Plus I heard that there is wireless high speed access on campus in the labs and study areas. So maybe I can use this if it is not fast enough, at least at first. When we were at the mall on Friday I saw a sign at the coffee place advertising free wireless internet so when I got my computer today I went to check it out. It works, and I even was able to play the school video on it. On our home connection I can hear the sound perfectly fine but there is no picture. I think that our ISP has a firewall or some kind of blocking thing. Hopefully that won't be a problem for me anywhere else.
I got another paper about my immunizations. I already sent it in. It said something about an MMR but I read the paper and I'm sure that I had them at all the right times, so i have to call and see if they have recieved my first form and I did it wrong or if they sent another because they hadn't recieved it yet. I hope they just didn't get it yet. I know it is right and I don't want another shot. Blah!
I'm so excited about school. I can't wait until it's over. Until I'm a real person. Until I can buy my beamer. 'Cause that's what I'm going to buy, as soon as I can afford it and I have a decent place to live. But I'm not looking forward to the loans. I think what I'm taking out for my first year in loans is probably more than most people take out for their entire undergraduate years. But I keep trying to tell myself that I'm lucky because I didn't take any out during undergrad. I"m sure some people in the program did have to so the loans they are going to add to it in pharm school will make their totals even crazier than mine.
Oh and I vote that anyone who votes for Bush should have to pay the national debt off, clean the environment, and enlist in the military, and should there be a draft and women are drafted they should have to take my place. I can't for the life of me determine why people would vote for the man. If your a Bush fan let me know. I'm really wondering here.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.