My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Friday, April 07, 2006

So like, I have this blog for me. And recently I haven't posted at all. And it has a lot to do with the fact that nothing is going on. And if I write about stuff here then I won't have anything to say in real life.

But I figure that in a few years it might be good for me to remember things from now.

So here it goes. Last semester was hard on me. I spent the last few weeks of the semester in really bad shape. It was not fun and not something I ever want to repeat. This semester is better. Probably just because I'm used to it. But my grades are doing better so far, and hopefully I won't have such a crisis at the end of the semester. It's a pretty constant battle, and it's not very fun. One exams began this semester we have had at least 1 exam per week with the exception of maybe 2 weeks. One being the week after spring break, and they made up for that by having us take 2 enormous tests the next week. That was last week. I passed both of those exams, but one was just barely, and I only found out yesterday that I did pass when they posted a new key and I got an extra question right. It is not easy. Yesterdday I had a class at 8-10 am, and to be there on time I had to leave here by 7, which meant waking up at 5 to make sure I had everything, which was difficult because I was up until 2 preparing. I ended up leaving a few minutes early because it was a busy day and I wanted a little time to look over things before it began. In the 8 am class I had a taped final exam of a patient interview and I managed to get everything done in the allotted time, but just barely. At 10 I had another class, but luckily for me I have already presented in it, so I didn't have to use a lot of brain power in it. From 11-3 I studied for an exam I had at 7 pm. And at 3:30 I had another class from 3:30-4:30, I prepared for that class ahead of time, and knew that I wasn't supposed to be called on, but there is always that fear. Then I went to move my car, change out of my dress clothes, and pick up a snack before going back to study for that exam from 5-7. We were given 2 hours, but luckily I didn't need all of that time, of course I didn't do so well, we'll have to see how that comes out, it will be a few days. But I was home by 9pm. And I slept this morning until about 9:30.

Today I have a lot of lectures to catch up on. Let me count them. 25. Of course, I won't watch them all today. I don't have that many hours, and I don't need all of that information floating around in my head right now. But the work, it doesn't ever end. Having a minimum of 1 exam per week plus classes thrown in means I'm constantly putting things to the side so I can focus on something specific, and then playing catch up and starting all over again.

This is not something I will ever ever recommend to someone. If you want to be a pharmacist then go for it. It will be worth it, the job security alone makes it worth it. But some words that will never come out of my mouth are, "you know what you should do? You should be a pharmacist."

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.