My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

So...Can you believe someone bid against me? Me either. Anyway, it was fun, but I wish it had lasted a little longer. They haven't posted any new auctions yet, so I'm thinking maybe it's because it's the weekend? So I guess I'll wait until next week, which is probably better anyway.

Tonight Harriet made dinner and it was very good. It was interesting, one of those recipes you probably wouldn't like if someone just gave you a recipe card but it worked very well. It was like a chicken casserole over rice. Chicken with a gravy type sauce and then broken ritz crackers on top, then severed over white rice, that she cooked in a pan on the stove and didn't even burn to the bottom of the pan. And I have to say that it was both nice to not worry about what I was going to make for dinner and nice to know that my dinner didn't come out of a box from the freezer. And it was good. We should probably do that more often, but we just don't have any time. School is crazy.

I still have lots of lectures to watch. And I have another baby blanket idea, but I'm not getting yarn until after I finish lectures, but at the rate I'm going I might not ever get any. No my plan for now is to watch some tonight and the rest tomorrow and then go buy yarn so that I can take some home and practice more over thanksgiving, even though I NEED to watch more lecture over thanksgiving, but you know, I'm going to try to do both...because this is my latest obsession and there are like SOOO many craft stores around here, it's hard to keep myself focused. Why can't I get obsessed about...I don't know...Lectures? School? Is it just me, or am I'm completely wierd.

Okay more organic structures to draw...

6 comment(s):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28140&item=8227939317

By Blogger Malissa, at 9:08 PM  

I totally DONT like that brown color... But this one is GORGEOUS... I may have to bid and buy one because of how PRETTY it is! lol...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8235038401&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID_IT

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:27 AM  

I'm totally in love with the brown color. Of course I would want at least one of the pretty colored ones too. I was thinking about that one you like, but I think it has too much pink in it for me. I hope you have better luck than I did if you do decide to bid. You crochet? I didn't know that. You should move back to FL so we can have a group thingy.

By Blogger Malissa, at 9:23 PM  

I also like the amazon color, but I don't need that big of a hook. My mom sent them an e-mail and they said that you can request things, and they will make them and then auction them for you. So maybe I'll request one of those. Now I just have to decide on a size.

By Blogger Malissa, at 9:30 PM  

No, I dont crochet, but if I did I would get that one. Yes I like the amazon one too... They are very colorful and pretty. Dont worry, I wont be bidding on one, unless someone around here can teach me to crochet. I have always wanted to make a blanket. How did you learn to do it?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

I think when I was really young my aunt (or grandmother or someone) taught me to do a chain stich, and then when I was older my babysitter taught us to make crocheted headbands. But I really didn't retain much of that other than the chain stitch and the basic idea for adding width. It's very easy, and something that has really helped me recently is this, first you start off with a chain and then slip stitch etc... I think most of the major craft stores probably offer free workshops, you just have to find out when. It's really not hard, you should give it a try.

By Blogger Malissa, at 10:25 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.