My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, November 07, 2005

So...I know I'm behind on the news and all, but that's only because I have more exams this month than should be allowed by law. But...what is going on in France? I think I must be missing some key information. From what I get apparently two teenagers were hiding from police because they thought they were being chased, but it seems as if they weren't really. But they thought they were being chased and so they hid somewhere in a power substation and were accidentally electrocuted. And for whatever reason this accident of fate has caused massive riots throughout the housing projects in Suburban Paris, where they are burning hundreds of cars each night and generally being unruly.

So my question is, don't you think that even if those police HAD been chasing those boys and had directly CAUSED there deaths that this still wouldn't have happened? Crap like that happens all the time, and there is just a public flogging (not literally) of those involved without ever correcting the bigger problem. It just seems like that is such a small incident to start so much. And...on a somewhat different note why is it necessary in every article to identify that the majority involved are Muslims or of African decent. Are they trying to say that this has something to do with religion too? Is anyone else totally confused about this. Talk about spotty coverage, the media really needs to work on information gathering and distribution here.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.