My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Shortly after Katrina and Rita we recieved our electric bill and it was shocking. Well, actually not so much for me, because I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But my roommate was concerned because she knew that there was a increase coming for this month. We'll have to see what that does when the bill comes in the next couple days. But when it came we were talking about ways to save energy and we both mentioned how much we wanted to be able to just open the windows during the day, and that it wouldn't be long until we could do that. And...just to spite us the weather decided to skip the whole open window phase. I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed tomorrow. It's so cold my teeth chattered tonight. Forget about the open windows, we're going to have to figure out how to turn on the heat. It's a good thing I got my jacket last weekend, I'm going to need it. I heard that it was supposed to cool down with this hurricane, but I didn't figure it would be like this, I mean, hurricanes are tropical weather patterns, tropical implies warm and moist. I'm surprised the hurricane didn't just keel over and die halfway across the state.

2 comment(s):

I am dreading the heating bill. Our natural gas prices are tripling this season.

By Blogger *Monica, at 4:01 PM  

At least we are lucky there, we don't have a gas heater, it's electric, so it won't be as bad. I think a lot of people are going to spend this winter wearing extra layers even when inside.

By Blogger Malissa, at 5:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.