My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Why Lori is right and everyone should move to Ohio even though it is the land of white bread and picket fences and completely boring.

And even though her reasoning for it is slightly racist and makes me a little sick and angry to think about because of it.

Dude, did you know that you can get the US census online? You can. She was right. I looked up Homosassa, because who wants to live in Beverly Hills anyway. Anyway...in Homosassa the population is a nearly exactly evenly split between the sexes. 50-50. There are only 47 people between the ages of 20 and 24. That doesn't include me because when the survey was taken I was at school, and wasn't allowed to be counted even though Homosassa has always been my legal residence. But in a couple months I will not be in that age range anymore so...who cares about them. There are a whopping 98 people between the ages of 25 and 34. So, if we go by percentages here, there are only 46 males in Homosassa between 25 and 34. Only 16.2% of the population has a bachelor's degree or higher. And this is going to be off a little because 12% of the population of Homosassa is not old enough to have a degree, but just bear with me, the percentage is so small it won't really change it by much. So if there are 46 males 25-34 in Homosassa then only 8 of them have at least a bachelors degree. Not to mention the fact that a 34 year old could really be considered to be too old for us. But lets forget that for a sec, because true love knows no age... So...In Homosassa, the dating pool for me when i get back there is approximately 8 people. Now take into account that 65% of the male population is married. We'll say only 50% because we want to stack the odds in our favor, and because the elderly population is so high that I'm sure it is skewing the results. So lets just say that 50% of those 8 people are already married. Now we're down to 4. Now...Here comes the hard part because I've actually been thinking on this for a while. I can't name a single one. There are only 2300 people in Homosassa, I've lived there for the majority of my life and I can't name any one of those 4 college educated males. So...This proves...Lori is right, we should all move to Ohio.

1 comment(s):

I don't know anything about Ohio, but whatever you do, DONT move to Michigan. It sucks.

By Blogger *Monica, at 4:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.