My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Hey Vern, it's Ernest!

There are some phrases that will always bring about a memory of a song. In my case, the memory is usually less about the song, as it is rarely a song that meant anything to me. I saw a link to a blog, "Life's Highway" recently, and immediately I was singing "Life is a highway" in my head. I never really listened to this song, or was a fan necessarily of Tom Cochrane, but I can hear the song quite clearly in my head whenever some combination of Life and Highway come up. I remember first hearing it and watching the video at Torri's house.

Another one that comes to mind is that OPP song. You know it, "you down with OPP, yeah you know me." And while that part of the song comes to mind, I don't know any other words, if there are any other words. What that brings to mind is the time when Scott Hicks wanted Debbie to shave OPP into the side of his head. She refused telling him that she didn't have the equiptment to do that. He still begged to have it done, but seemed to accept the excuse.

I think it's interesting that those two memories that came to mind are from so long ago, and I wonder what ever happened to Torri Hurn.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.