My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, March 07, 2005

I've been a member of yahoo since right after we got online. I've had the same e-mail account since New Years Eve 1998. That's 6 years on 1 account. I have others of course, but for everything but school that is still my primary account. I don't think many other people can say that. Of course, I get a LOT of junk mail. I have the bulk box set up and I don't ever even look at it. Since I have like bazillion bytes of space these days and it deletes my bulk mail often enough not to put me over I just don't bother with it. I also don't read the majority of the mail that comes to my inbox, for the most part it is all stuff I either solicit or stuff for stuff that I signed up for but didn't check whatever box was necessary to get them to not send me anything. I don't delete that either. I'm only at 30% at this point. Which is pretty good in my opinion considering that for the majority of my yahoo membership I lived with that message at the top of my e-mail telling me I was nearing capacity. I guess eventually it will fill up with all the messages I have in my inbox I will need to delete them, and because of the bazillion bytes I do have it will take a long time and I will hate myself for it, but in the mean time it is very nice, and I really appreciate the large byte-age.

I'm back to school. I think spring break zoomed by at light speed, and so far that seems to be the general consensus among my peers. But now it's back to the daily grind. They 3rd, year that I'm supposed to shadow this month while he is on rotation came into the office today so I got to ask him what he is doing. He is on a surgery rotation. Which means its even worse that I originally thought. They round at 6am. He goes in at 5. in. the. MORNING. He said I could round or watch a surgery or watch him review charts or whatever. I told him I would rather not round. But we'll see what our schedules can do. Do you know what time I would have to get up to round at 6am? I would have to leave at 5:30, so I would have to get up at 4:30, and probably 4, since I have to wear dress clothes, because I'm supposed to look all professional. There have been more days this semester that I've seen 4am from the other side of the day than I've seen 8am as a morning time. I'm not sure I could start my day there. I'm actually really pretty sure that it wouldn't be possible. But I think a surgery might be pretty cool. He said he has even got to participate a couple times, and he's only been on rotation 1 week. Nothing big, but he got to hold irrigation stuffs. Which I think is probably a pretty cool experience, especially for a pharmacy student.

That's it.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.