My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Had an exam today. I think it went well, especially for how unprepared I felt going into it. I'm having a hard time moving things into long-term memory. Or even a type of memory that is not immediately forgotten after I've read two more sentences. Even when I comprehend things and relate them I forget nearly immediately. It's not soaking in. I think it may be related to how badly I'm doing in PBD. He's a great professor, when he speaks I listen. But I can't get the right answer to a test question. Not even when I'm sure I'm right. Later I find out that well, if you think of it like this then it's this answer, or you must have missed the significance of this word. A "the" can make the difference. While it is comforting that I'm not the only one with this problem, I'm not even in the minority here. Most everyone I know was very upset about the last exam scores. We all thought we did well, but most of us didn't do as well as we thought or would have liked. I didn't do anywhere near the "well" area. I get so dissapointed, it's like I know that no matter what I will never do well, so why try? Except that is not really a consious thought, because i study for hours, I just don't process it like I'm used to. I watch all the lectures, I just won't get the correct answers for the exam. Okay, more lectures to watch. Lots and lots more. One week, 2 exams, 2 presentations, 1 pharmacotherapy and 1 quiz until spring break!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.