My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Recently I've been very busy, which has made blogging hard. But I was always thinking, of things I should blog, but I forgot them before now, so that's the end of that. Now I have some free time, and I'm still thinking of things I should blog. We'll see if I get any of the ideas into this blog over spring break. This one will probably be on the long side.

Baby alert
A girl I knew in highschool, Heather, just had a baby. I found her blog via someone else's blog that I found while googling someone else. So, I knew when she got pregnant. And every now and again I send her an IM to see how things are going. She had been having contractions for quite a while, and had gone to the hospital only to find that while her contranctions were frequent they weren't strong enough. She was sent home to spend sleepless nights, interupted by contractions. But she finally delivered. I didn't get to talk to her much because I just saw that she was online when I was getting ready to shower, but I got some of the importants. A baby boy (which she knew ahead of time), born Feb 17, 2005 at 8lbs. 5oz. And while I didn't think get a chance to ask I believe they had settled on Micheal being the name.

Home
I'm home now, it feels good to be away from the crushing stress of the schedule I had last week. Though, I have to say that after getting used to a full size bed that twin is really not very comfortable, so only is it small (and I think shorter than the bed my apartment), but it is severely sagging in the middle, and I think I can feel the springs, either that or it's lumpy. That's not to say I didn't sleep okay, because I did, I was tired and just worn out. But I think I will look into the possibility of buy one get one free beds. I'm going to need one for the apartment I will live in next year, and I wouldn't mind a comfortable one here as well.

Cat
The cat is pooping regularly, and has been for a while, which is why I stopped posting about it. But after getting here I can see he is still having problems with his leg. It worries me. I'm afraid it might be hurting him, and I feel bad because he might be in pain. And it bothers me that he still is having problems after three weeks, it seems like anything muscular should have healed by now. And since we know it is not bone because the vet took x-rays, I'm worried about how serious the injury must have been to leave such a lasting effect and that this could be permanent and that I will always feel like this because he will always be like this. he certainly doesn't act like he is in pain. He just occasionally acts a little unsure of the leg and then lies down for a second. Then he gets up with no problem and walks away. He jumps around but sometimes you can see him re-think whether a particular jump is a good idea.

Apartment front
I'm still considering taking L up on her offer to share an apartment next year. I'm still iffy for all the reasons I said before, and for a few others. One thing is for sure though, I will live somewhere else next year.

Invasion
Yet another apartment problem. I live on the third floor, and about the only good thing I can think of about this is that I can open my window and not worry about random people looking in and seeing me. They might see my shadow but that's about it. And opening a window is especially important in my apartment because my roomates are insane and won't turn the air or heat on for anything. It might be sweltering and they won't turn on the air. It might be freezing and they won't turn on the heat. But I'm not willing to deal with these conditions most of the time. But I feel bad that I'm aparently the only person who has a problem with the temp, so I try to be conservative in my thermostat usage. So anyway, I like to have my window open on nice days because it keeps it cool enough in my room that I don't have to turn on the AC. And I have a nice big window so it's nice. The problem is that I live on the third floor and ants come in the window. On the THIRD floor!?! They are little bitty ants and they don't bite, but I have a thing about crawly things. Sue me. It was just a couple so I figured it was no big deal. I got some bug spray and sprayed the sill and through the screen on the sill on the outside. Problem fixed. Or so I thought. I had my window open one day again for the above listed reasons. But I always close my windows at night because it is so loud there that I would never be able to sleep if I didn't. As it is I can hear the people having conversations downstairs with them closed. So I went to bed and to sleep. When I woke up the next morning I didn't want to get up so I put on my glasses and turned on the TV. I rested the remote on the pillow next to me while I dozed and watched TV. When suddenly I see an ant scurry across my glasses lens. I killed it and figured it was a fluke fromt he night before when I had my window open, I didn't see any on the sill when i closed it. Then I saw another on my pillow and I killed it and then another. But this time I'm AWAKE. They have infested by remote control so I got up and took it to the sink and shook it off. There were probably 20 on it. They all came off and I washed them down the sink and then went back to the bed to see how bad the infestation was. All the while completely freaked out about the possibility of sleeping in ants. Luckily there were just a couple left behind on my pillow. Which I promptly killed. Then I inspected my sill only to find a few. And then the side of my bed, which is pushed up against the window. There were a few, and a several on the bed skirt. I killed them all and sprayed down the sill and the wall and the outside sill with bug spray again. Why they thought marching along the side of the room to my night stand to take up residence in my remote is beyond me. But this I do know, I will never be able to open my window again. At least without killing my brain cells with some bug spray. How it is that there are enough ants in and around my apartment to climb up to the third floor and in my window whenever I open my window is beyond me. But I'm not living there again.

Speaking of Babies
Jenn really wants to have a baby. Of course, she has to wait until her husband comes home, and she is planning to wait until next April. Which would make her due in January. That's just not a good time for me. I totally wouldn't have time to visit her and the baby until summer and the baby would be soooo big by then. So I've told her that she must wait and plan her delivery for a better time. Of course I would be happy for her no matter when, but I REALLY would like to go see. Of course, her living in VA is going to make it difficult. But I don't want to be one of those friends of your parents that you meet one day and makes this big deal about how big you are and blah blah blah, and after they leave you're like, so who was that, and then your parents are like oh, that's an blah blah blah, and you feel totally wierded out that some person knows all about you and you don't know anything about them. Plus I really love little bitty babies and I wouldn't mind an excuse to hold one.

The Shut Out
Dude, have you seen that episode of Friends where Monica and Pheobe know this girl who is totally annoying and she moved to England for a while and adopted a fake british accent, and then came back and told them to smell her and went on and on about how that wasn't perfume it was her natural scent... And Pheobe was like, we should just shut her out. So they ignored her calls and stuff. Yeah, I'm feeling a little like that now. Like I'm being shut out. For weeks I've been calling Lori (probably an average of once a week, though not every week--I'm busy sometimes). Her phone just rings and rings, and last week, after a while of ringing it sounded like someone was dialing and then went dead. The time before that the line just went dead after ringing for a little while. The machine never picks up. So finally I decided I must be dialing the wrong number which is totally a possibility because I never added it to my phone book, I was just using my call history for it. So I called her parents, and no one answered. And the machine didn't pick up. Sooo...I sent her a quick e-mail asking how she was doing and telling her that I thought I had the wrong number. And she sent me one back saying she was working and planning her move to columbus and was planning a go see trip this summer and that if I called and the phone just kept ringing it was because she was online. That was it. She didn't confirm that I was calling the right number, and she didn't attempt to call me. The last time I talked to her she asked me to drive to tampa with her to go to some club with her brother and his friend. And that day I had just driven back from Jacksonville, and I hadn't even showered, I was tired and had work I needed to do and I really couldn't go, but I probably wouldn't have anyway because clubs just aren't my thing. It was a quick call because she was getting ready to go pick up her cousin and just wanted to know if I would be free that night to go. And I tried to call the next week to see how it had gone, but as I said I haven't been able to get through to her since then.

Okay, I think this post was long enough.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.