My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Friday, December 03, 2004

It occurs to me that I forgot to blog about the Homosassa Arts and Crafts, Seafood Festival. I didn't buy in arts or crafts, but I looked at bunches. Mom got some potpourri. We did however eat lots o' food. I love the Festival. The food is always EXPENSIVE, but it's good. I always try to go. It's not so easy to do with school and all, but this year I just happened to be home that weekend. It was fate. I had crawfish. Which is a semi-usual pick for me. When else do you get to eat them? I also had seafood fritters from a place that my mom and I frequent. They were excellent. Last weekend we went, but they aren't going to add the fritters to their menu. Crazy! There is always a huge crush of people at the festival, especially in the food area, and finding a table is a little bit like being a starving shark waiting for a boat to wreck. Anyway, I got my crawfish first. And then I stood next to my mom in her line while people were squeezing past us. Some lady who was from somewhere out of town squished by us while remarking that she would love to try a crawfish, but wouldn't try something else (I can't remember what it was but I remember thinking it was odd that she was afraid to eat something most people would think nothing of but would eat a crawfish). So I offered her one. She thanked me and we had a mini-convo about how to eat it. Then I had to tell the man behind her that no, I wasn't handing out samples. So we finally got our food and got a table and sat down. Brian was all trying to be cool like he had had crawfish before and liked them, but I saw the his face when he tried one I offered. Wimp. Nikky liked them too. Which I was surprised about. She doesn't like shrimp but she picked the ity bits of meat out of the claws. Of course this was after I was done, but then we found one I missed and brain got it out for her, and she ate it. She said she didn't like it, but it tasted the same as the claws, it was probably all in her head. And as I mentioned before, the fritters were fabulous, I hope they decide to start serving them in the restaurant.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.