My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

So...My first free day in forever. I told myself I would take the morning off and I would play catch up this afternoon. That didn't really happen, but in all actuality I knew it wouldn't. All day long I was craving more pudding pie, I ate all of the other one. So I decided today I would go get stuff to make more. That didn't happen until after dark. I hate day light savings time. It's light at the crack of dawn and pitch black before 6pm. So I went to the store and got pudding, milk, and pie shell, and a whisk. It was really hard to make pudding without one the first time. I got a really nice one, it has a stainless steel handle. I guess it's hard to explain. $3. I was also going to get a mixing bowl because I only have one tupperware bowl thing big enough and I use that to store left-overs in so it's not always clean. But a really nicely built man who shaves his legs grabbed the only bowl in the entire grocery store that was suitable for the job right before I got to it. What are the odds of this?

Then I survived the always Harrowing exit from the grocery store parking lot only to get to my apartment complex and realize that I needed to get gas so I wouldn't have to worry about it tomorrow. So I went in the gates did a U-turn and went back out. I live in a gated community, and I know occasionally they close the gates but I've never seen them closed. The exit gates are always closed though, like they are afraid we might run away or something. Anyway on the way there I realized that I actually needed 3/4 cup more milk than I had so after I got gas I ran into the Walgreens to get milk but the only had giant containers and half and half. They also had this milkshake stuff, so I got a vanilla one of those. I was skeptical of the milkshakeyness, but figured it would do. On my way back to my apartment I went to open it at one of the stop-lights and there was no resistance so I was all afraid that it had already been opened and poisoned and I wouldn't be able to use it and then what would I do about my pie? But it had a seal on it so it was okay. So I finally make it back again and up to my apartment where I have to wash all of these dishes because ALL of my dishes are dirty. I also washed the whisk by hand, which was difficult because you have to kind of squish it to get the inside part clean but I didn't want to mess with the integrity of the whish and it's ergodynamic shape. I also tried the milkshake thing and it was surprisingly milkshakey. I wonder how they get it so thick. Whatever they do to it it will probably give me cancer. I'll die from the milkshake. There has to be something weird about a milkshake that doesn't require any semi-frozen components. Anyway I got the pie made and set the dishwasher to work. I figured the dishwasher time would give my pie time to set. By the way, has anyone else noticed that they have done something to pudding recently? It sets nearly immediately just from the cold of the milk, even milk that went on a wild ride with me. Anyway, our dishwasher takes FOREVER and I couldn't wait for it to finish, I really needed a fork!
And all this from someone who is a little lactose intolerant. But it's good, and it's not like I'm allergic I just don't digest it so well.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.