My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Friday, December 03, 2004

I watched a TON of lectures today. And I have 14 to watch tomorrow. Well, probably 15 if I want to finish up this week's lectures that I was watching today. So, pray for my high speed internet. I'm going to need it. It's not so bad really once I get myself to actually turn them on, and IF I can keep myself from getting distracted. And everytime one ends and it's time to start a new one is a power struggle within myself. But if you forget about all that, it isn't so bad.

I have a case minus 6 bottles of water in my trunk and only half a bottle in the fridge. I should have brought it up tonight, but I forgot so I'll have to suffer through breakfast tomorrow until I'm up to walking downstairs and hauling it up. The outside noice hasn't been so bad recently. But that is probably because it has been during the week. I just hope all the usual pre/post partying doesn't happen this week because UNF is having Finals (I think), so it won't be so bad to study. I hope that doesn't mean that it will be bad next weekend, because I have a HUGE exam next monday that I HAVE to do well on. Next year I really want to rent a house or a town house in a nice quiet neighborhood. One where no one feels the need to turn up their stereo, and it's not almost impossible to get onto a major road during mildly high traffic. One where I don't have to carry EVERYTHING up 2 flights of stairs. I'm lazy, and I don't like to do it, especially when I know I'm just going to be carrying it back down in a few months. Hopefully I will find someone who is also looking for this kind of arrangement, who also happens to be reliable and we can split the rent. Otherwise, I'm not going to be able to swing it. I'm keeping my ears open and I know a few people have heard me say it, so we'll see what happens, I guess we have a while until I really need to worry about it anyway. I do need to start thinking about furniture though. I need a bed and a desk and a dresser at least. And I may need to look around for some livingroom furniture. I saw an add for a townhome in the area I'm living in now. 2bd/2ba. That sounds good to me. I don't understand why more people don't build houses with the same number of bedrooms and bathrooms. And what are people thinking about when they build 4bd/2ba homes? Anyway, that townhouse was a really good price and the area around here is nice. So it sounds promising. And I've seen a lot of adds for nice houses. But a 3bd/2ba leaves the question of who gets the master? And should they pay more because of this? They should, I think because they get the bigger room and a private bath. But how much more? And who mows the lawn? So many questions. But I think this is a really good idea because sharing a house is cheaper than a 1bd apartment.
We had a talk from a Winn-Dixie recruiter. We all knew he was talking up WD because we've all been into a WD and they can be pretty scary. But it was interesting to hear what they had to say. Of course he was all like, I'm not going to talk about the numbers here, I'm going to talk about quality of life. And I was all like, Come on, I'm not dying here, SHOW ME THE MONEY!
Anyway $45/hr straight out of school was what he said.
45x40=$1800/wk. And 1800 x 50 (work weeks)= $90,000. Which aint bad at all. And they were eager to point out that the salary just keeps going up. So YEA! AND...I hear that they recruit more heavily in the smaller communities, so that means bigger sign on bonus for me! And word of mouth tells me that whoever they just hired in chiefland got to negotiate a pretty good sign on bonus.
But we all know that WD isn't doing so well, so it might not be such a good idea to work there. But who knows? Maybe things will have changed after I get out of school. If even a little of what they said about themselves was true it wouldn't be such a bad place to work except for all the crazies that seems to frequent the store where I live.
I'm just all stuck on the money. I'm already designing my house.
I wonder how shallow all this makes me?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.