My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

So...in the aftermath of the election it has become very clear that most of the blogging community voted against Bush. Of course, he still won. So now I read everywhere about people moving to Canada. I don't know what this is about. I personally am not happy with the governing body but I still value my citizenship. It is not something I would freely give up ever. I will continue to vote, and express my opinion. I will do this because it is guaranteed to me. Hopefully the rest of the nation will speak up if these rights ever come into question. I have my doubts but this is my hope. I am still proud to be an American, maybe not so proud of my brethren, but still proud of the basic principles. I even expected the election to go as such, and had leaving the country because of its outcome been a question I would have started imagration proceedings months ago. I cannot for the life of me determine what is suddenly so great about Canada. It's cold there. Why don't people ever talk about Mexico? Mexico is where I'd go.

Also, with the outcome of the election and half the country being upset about it I have heard about possible candidates for the next time around. I read today that someone thought JEB would be next. God I hope not. We can't seem to get him out of office here but I'd hate to subject the rest of the country and the world to him as president, though I must say he at least sounds more intelligent than his big brother. I've also read in a couple places about Kerry running again. I'm not thinking that's going to fly. Neither is Edwards because I didn't like him this time around during the primaries, he sounded like he was talking in circles and as good as he was at talking I could see through it. The most popular thinking goes along the lines of Clinton/Obama. While in theory this might be a really great leap for women and African American's I think this is a really bad idea. In case we weren't paying attention to this election I would just like to point out that the likelyhood that American would elect a woman president with an African American running mate is non-existant. When we come off a second term of W we don't need to just hand it to JEB. Seriously, we need to look for people who have an actual chance and that means we need to be sexist and racist in choosing our candidates. And I know that sounds bad, but as we've seen in the past few days this is not a time to be idealistic, we need to be realistic about what the collective America will vote for.

Now I'm going to stop posting about politics.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.