My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Sunday, April 11, 2004

Okay, since it's been a while since I posted and some stuff actually happened to me I'm going to post in topics. If you don't care about the subject matter, don't read it!

The INTERVIEW
I think the interview went really well. It did last the entire three hours, but it was pretty laid back, and there were so many people there willing to answer questions that I ran out of questions. The only problem is that there aren't that many spaces open and they are still interviewing people. They said that in all they will have interviewed 400 people for 135 seats. So, to me, those odds aren't great anyway, but add to that the fact that it is really late in the game and I get really uneasy. I really want to get in. There were 18 people there that day--only 2 guys. So much for me meeting someone in pharmacy school--those aren't very good odds either. They have a really cool scheduling system--you have only one or two classes for about four weeks and then that class is done for the semester. That way you only have to worry about one class at a time, and you never have to worry about studying for three tests in one week. I really, really, really liked that. A few of the people I talked to already had at least one interview and one girl had another interview the next day, and at least one person had already been accepted to another school. They said we should hear whether we got in or not within the month. I don't know if I can wait that long.

The Campus
The area that the campus is in is really nice--or at least what I saw of it. It was the perfect time of year because all the spring flowers were in bloom. The dogwoods there were beautiful. The campus was also really pretty--and very small. Which I really like, especially after going to USF, where sometimes you can't make it to you next class in the 10 minutes you've scheduled for yourself. Over all, I think the campus was the biggest surprise, I never really noticed the size, or thought of the campus and surrounding areas as being so much of a plus.

The Drive
The drive was about 7 hours. To some that might not be too long, but to me it was long. And southern Georgia is always boring. Not even any cool trees to look at. Atlanta was SCARY! I've always hated driving through Atlanta and we drive through there every year. I was assured though, that there are back roads in Atlanta, so I can maybe learn how to stay away from the interstate. We left here on Tuesday at about 12:00, and got there somewhere around 8:00--I think. On Wednesday we left around 4:15 and got home at 11:45. Of course, we stopped both ways at Cracker Barrell.

The food
As I already said we went to Cracker Barrel, where I broke my New Years resolution (not technically, because I considered it a special occasion) and ate pork and beef. But I haven't broke it since we got back--which is like 3 whole days! So let me tell you what I ate. I had country fried steak, mashed potatoes, carrots, hashbrown casserole, biscuits, a cheese danish, A turkey club melt thing (with turkey bacon, which I didn't know when I ordered it and considered asking them to leave it off, but I figured it would be too much trouble, and decided I could always pull it off--it was right before my interview and I didn't want it to upset my stomach, since it already didn't feel good and I haven't had real bacon in I don't know how long.), pork barbeque, hashbrown cassrole, dumplins, and more biscuits. And I loved every bite! Well except for the danish and the melt--not the best food or the best time to be eating.

What I missed
Turns out, not much. I was a little bit worried, because I was going to miss all of my classes once. But my econ class I knew ahead of time we had a sub, and we were just reviewing for an exam--so I got the materials before hand. My micro-bio class was apparently cut short and he canceled the next three classes--Ashley is going to let me copy her notes. And my Anatomy class was canceled--he never showed up--so everyone in the class showed up to find out there was not class--but I wasn't there anyway.

Other Schools
I haven't heard from them. But my mom said that she talked to Mrs. Thomas, and John's girlfriend applied to UF's nursing program and they wouldn't hear until this month. I assume that Palm beach atlantic is the same since there deadline was the same. So I hope to hear something any day from someone. I figure FAMU is not worth holding my breath given the way they treated me last year. Apparently though, I am being considered because I got this letter from the general admissions office, about how to set up an account, of course, I'm not a student so it doesn't apply to me--but apparently I'm on their student mailing list. I don't know why though.

That's it.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.