My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

This summer, we went on our usual summer vacation. It requires 4 days in a car, 2 there, 2 back. This year on the way there while in the car, in the middle of who knows where Nikky all the sudden exclaimed, "Oh. My. God." We all just sort of paused waiting for her to explain. "I saw a goat." Since we were on an interstate, it seemed very unlikely, but she swears she saw it so that night in the motel we searched for goats. We went through every breed we could find. She's pretty sure it was some kind of Mountain goat. I'm pretty sure they don't have those in Alabama. But whatever. Later on she said, "Look, a butterfly man chasing 'em around and stabbing 'em." I was pretty sure she'd cracked so I laughed. I could totally picture some big tall skinny man with long grey hair and a beard gracefully chasing butterflies with a big butterfly net in one hand and a knife in the other, waiving the knife around trying to stab them. Wierd I know. The thing is, I for some reason associated the picture of him with the BFG, according to the current cover art, I was completely off base there. But the picture of this butterfly man was so clear to me, and completely comical that if I can ever get someone to draw this for me the way I picture it, I'm totally getting it tattooed on me.

Oh, and it turns out she actually said something about a confederate flag on the side of the road, not a butterfly man.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.