My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

So, summer has made me lazy. I didn't even turn my computer on today, I'm blogging from my mom's. And since I'm in a lazy mood I'm going to steal other people's topics today. Today, the IA blogged about what he is keeping in his car for emergencies. I don't keep anything in my car for emergencies, I live in Florida, and if I ever get snowed in I guess I'll just have to die. This doesn't mean I don't keep things in my car, I do. Every pair of dress shoes that I own (and actually wear) are in my car, usually there's another pair of non-dress shoes there. For the last several months there have been two pairs of khaki pants in the back seat, and there is currently another pair of dress pants keeping them company. There is an ironing pad in the back seat as well, because I'm don't have an ironing board in my apartment so I thought it might be handy, but it never made it into the apartment, so I've never used it, a table with a towel work just as well. And whose trunk wouldn't be complete without a box of paper. I was buying reems too often so I decided a box would be a better investment, but it is HEAVY so I never carried it up the two flights of stairs, which is just as well, because I'm mostly back at home now and wouldn't have liked carrying it back down, even a few reams lighter. And of course, there is an ever changing cornacopia of bottles in the passenger floor board, I always have a drink with me, but they never seem to make it out of my car with me.

And just as teahouse is looking for apartments so am I. I absolutely refuse to live in the same one next year. Luckily I'm not buying, so I don't have to bid for one. I just have to find one in a good location on the cheap. And then I have to buy furniture and GET IT THERE. I'm trying to decide if I should look for a roommate or live alone. It would be cheaper with a roommate, but that would require more effort on my part, and you never really know what you're going to get until you actually live with them. But I'm not sure that I should really live alone either because I can be a hermit and go days without talking to people. I don't really have a problem with this, but it might make me even more anti-social. So, I think for now, I'm just going to look for places and see if anyone else starts looking for roommates. And then take it from there.

2 comment(s):

When I was in pharmacy school, everybody ended up sharing apartments by about the last year. All of the traveling for externships chewed through everyone's pocketbook, so they had to do it.

And nobody seemed to like their roommate. Go figure.

Me and another married guy were the only ones living with someone other than a classmate. We managed to do our part at saving money by carpooling 45 minutes to class.

By the way.. I have a ridiculously detailed gas log that details every single fill-up since I got my car in 2001.

In case you were wondering, on 12/27/02, I paid $18.25 for mid-grade gas at $1.299 per gallon. I had 2,207 miles on the car at that time, and made it 227 miles before the next fill-up (at 19.01 miles per gallon).

How pathetic am I?

By Blogger Brad, at 9:20 PM  

Yeah, but your car is probably cooler than mine.

By Blogger Malissa, at 7:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.