My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Friday I got a forwarded e-mail from a pharmacy manager at target in Ocala (via a professor). She was looking for a summer intern, and I was very excited because I was looking to be a summer intern. Woo-hoo! Who cares that it is like an hour drive, it's a job! Making money! And I'll get experience! So I e-mailed her back immediately. I told her I was interested and that if she was still looking to let me know and I would get her whatever information she needed. I went home because Saturday was the coating ceremony and I waited to hear back from her. I figured that since it was the weekend I probably wouldn't hear for a couple days, which was okay. So I waited. Then monday I got an e-mail from the same professor that sent out the first e-mail that the offer had been retracted because that Target won't be able to take on an intern this summer. But to keep them in mind when we have our degrees and want a job. Did I get an e-mail directly from her acknowledging that she had recieved my e-mail but couldn't take on an intern after all? No. I'm offended by this. I took my time to reply to her when she obviously didn't even know what was going on. She spoke before she even bothered to check with the company to see if she could have an intern. Interns are a company thing, not a store thing. Did she bother to acknowledge me in any way? No. I'm very upset with Target right now, and I probably won't ever work at one ever just because I'm offended right now. How long would it have taken to e-mail a few people back and thank them for their interest and tell them there had been a mistake and they would not be able to take on an intern. She could have used the same e-mail for everyone and sent it to multiple people. Instead she takes the cowardly way out and doesn't even acknowlege the fact that she wasted my time.

Very mad.

And I really wanted this, and I knew when I said I did I wouldn't get the job, because I just don't have that kinda luck these days.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.