My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

So I was supposed to blog about my last obsession but that didn't happen. And, in truth, as I write this I can't for the life of me remember what it was I wanted to say about it. About all I can think about these days is the snake living in our back garage and how much it freaks me out and how no one seems to care that I am freaked out about it. I think I've made it more than clear, while trying not to make it a huge thing. But no one seems to notice. I've had a snake thing for a while, it comes in waves, on and off (never a friendly relationship, but not so freaked out either), but last summer was the clencher and this wave just hasn't seemed to let up since then. In normal life it wouldn't be a big deal. But since it's something that bothers me, it seems to come up all the time. There's been a rattle snake in our freezer for a couple years now. I deal with that. It's dead. It was dead before it got in my freezer and was even frozen before it got in the freezer. I deal with it, but I make sure that someone else keeps it covered up so I can't see it and be reminded of it when I open the freezer. But the snake in the garage is real, and alive and I don't care if it is perfectly harmless.
Nikky's boyfriend bought a snake. And since he bought it you would think I wouldn't ever have to see it, except that he lives with us (though he claims he has an apartment, he hasn't lived there since Nikky got home). Before he bought it there was a lot of talk about it and I made it clear that he didn't need a snake and if he got one I didn't want it here. And everyone seemed to think that it was silly that I even mention this, because why would he bring his snake here? But the day after he got it it came to live in our garage. Of course it was "only there for the day," while he was at work. But that's not true at all. It lives there. Keeping my hammock hostage. They carry it around in the yard, and sit with it on the porch. And today she brought it inside. Eventually I'm going to have to go and clean out my apartment but I don't know what I will do with my stuff, because the snake is in the garage, and I'm pretty sure that if I leave for even a day it will end up living inside, and I can't hardly stand that it is in the garage. My mom's only concern is that they feed it baby mice, and so far it hasn't eaten any so they had to kill them and she thinks that's gross, so they've decided to only feed it crickets and frogs. That it is here makes my skin crawl. Today they left it on the porch for hours with the mouse. SHE BROUGHT IT IN THE HOUSE TODAY.
Her boyfriend lives in our house. He snores like a train and I hate that. I can hear him in my room with her door closed and mine. But I can even deal with that reasonably well. But no one seems to care that I can't stand the snake.
Nikky asked me if I had seen the snake, I just shook my head and kept doing what I was doing. It was obvious I wasn't interested and it made me uncomfortable. But then when I came home today she was right there on the porch with the snake, and THEN SHE BROUGHT IT IN THE HOUSE.

2 comment(s):

SNAKES SUCK! I agree with you, your family should respect the fact you are creeped out by it and take it to his apartment.> Of course, if he really HAS an apartment... I really like your turtle, it is cute..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 AM  

Yes, snakes are icky. Well, at least they didn't get a pet rat..

By Blogger teahouse, at 9:19 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.