My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Today was a big day for me. Well, for my digital camera in any case. This morning my UF software CD was delivered. Talk about service, I just ordered it yesterday. I was very excited. It took me a while, but I finally figured out that I had chosen to run the WRONG program, but when I found the right one it worked right away. So now I have a place to host my movies. I also determined that I needed more space in my flickr account, so I broke down and PAID for a pro account. Thankfully they just reduced the fee by about half. So while before I had uploaded 96% of my monthly alotment, is now only 1%. I can upload 100 times more pictures! So, now I'm taking my digital camera EVERYWHERE (if I can remember it) and I'm going to post pictures with my posts everyday (if they are any good, and I don't forget).

And now for my update on Jenn (because Tab asked about it)
It's been quite awhile now, but Jenn FINALLY sent me pictures of her engagement ring. I had to send her an e-mail to bug her, which Carlos got to first and I think he probably bugged her about it for me. They are very blurry. But I get the jist. it is very pretty and has a very classic look next to her wedding band. It's still funny to me that they did it backwards. That was before finals week. During finals week it occured to me that while I had told my mom about the ring and even showed her pictures I couldn't remember replying to her e-mail. So I checked my sent mail and sure enough I hadn't. Because I'm not a very good friend. So I sent her a quick e-mail telling her that and that it was pretty... And then Carlos sent me a reply telling me that Jenn was in the shower or something and that he would pass along the message. I told them they needed to get a blog, and then he asked what a blog was. SO I told him. And I thought I might have made some progress, which I hadn't made with Jenn so far, so I was happy. But it doesn't look like it worked. No blog from them yet. But I'll keep working on it. I have a horrible time remembering to call people. I know people work so I always try to wait until the evening. And then I forget until it's after 9:00 and all my friends are practically old farts now so they go to bed early (because they actually have jobs...that start in the morning) and I know they go to sleep early because when I'm talking to them at night they tell me they have to go to bed. Weak. Anyway, my mom trained me from a young age that it is bad form to call someone after 9.

Now I'll get to Lori. Her divorce is final. And she had been hanging out with some people from her divorce attorney's office (believe it or not) and they had been having all kinds of fun jet skiing and stuff. And then SHE called ME later to say hi, which I was suprised about because it had been a while since she called me. And she was dating someone from school (another teacher). I think it might be too soon. But I'm glad she is happy, and if nothing else it gives her something else to concetrate on. She's not the kind of person who gets a divorce so I know the whole thing has been really rough on her. Not just the dealing with an ex who has no respect for her or himself really, but shifting all her goals and plans for the future. I know she never would have dreamed she would ever get divorced. Not in a million years.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.