My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I've had a blog topic for several days now, but I haven't had the motivation to actually take the time to post it. I have always had obsessions about things, I get something in my head and it takes forever for me to move onto something new. This is the way it is. Last night my mom said to me, "I didn't know you obsess about things" or something like that. I don't know how she couldn't now, for weeks at a time I focus on one thing and at times I bring all coversations back around to the topic of my obsession. Some obsessions last longer than others. But anyway, it seems like a perfect time to acutally get that post written, but even as I'm blathering on about it that obsession is fading to make way for another, so I'm going to post about something different, and keep working on the other one in my head. Maybe I'll post it later today.

So...what will I post about now. Well, you all may have better weeded flower beds, but I bet you don't have a itty-bitty-baby-endangered-cute-as-a-button gopher turtle living it yours. Because we do. The other day. I don't know which one, but anyway, I was making lunch. I had just started cooking it when I went to the front window and say on our front walk the aformentioned gopher turtle. So of course we went out and poked at it. We moved it over out of the walk way and into the flower bed so we wouldn't step on it. Then we all looked at it for a while. And during this time I had to keep dashing in to tend to my lunch which was burning, but who cares. Then we can inside and I watched it with my head pressed to the front window. And ate my lunch. I was trying to get the cats to look at the turtle because they like to look at things from the front window, but they just thought I was going to share my lunch. Which I wasn't. Anyway, later my mom went outside to look at it some more, and she said she kept hearing it moving in the leaves under one of the plants and then it was quiet but she couldn't see it, so when she moved around to the other side she found a hole. It's living in our flower bed. And my mom has sworn off insecticide this year.

So here are the pictures:
DSC03041

The gopher is endangered here, and to help the turtle survive there are laws about building on turtle habitat. Developers must relocate them, sadly though, many just choose to pay the impact fees and bulldoze over their holes, effectively suffocating the ones who are in their holes at the time and displacing the rest.
The gopher is not acutally a turtle, it is a tortoise, but everyone refers to them as turtles anyway.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.