My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, May 09, 2005

So, it was my goal when school got out that I would post everyday. But I'm not good at goals. I've spent some rather busy days doing not much that is worth mentioning and they have tuckered me out.
When I got my digital camera I thought it was soooo cool that I could use it to take small movie clips. But then I couldn't really do anything with them so it was boring. But recently I learned that there is a program on my computer that is very easy to use that will let me edit the clips. I'm very excited about this. But my free stuff keepers aren't. Mywebpage.netscape.com, pretends like it will do it but it just contorts the files into computer speak, which is pretty, but I wanted to see a movie, not a boring page with crazy computer letters. So I switched to geocities. Which does an excellent job. Except, that I'm at 91% capacity and it will only allow so much traffic at a time so a lot of times people get a little message that tells then to come back in a hour. I don't know if this bothers them, but I very much like the information age, where I get what I want when I want it, and an hour is forever to wait. So the search for a host began. We have roadrunner as our ISP, And what-do-you-know, they offer 10MB for a personal homepage (it says 5 on the website, but when I signed up it says 10). So I am one step closer to a host for my movies. BUT...I don't have an FTP, and apparently this is important. And because I'm cheap I don't want to pay for it, and because I'm paranoid I don't want one with spy ware. So...I set out on a journey across the internet to find a free, but still clean FTP. No luck. Now what? I could do a trail version, but that would only last 1 month, and I'd be back to square 1. So I thought to myself, "Self, you go to UF, why don't you ask them?" Universities are supposed to have cheaper software and I pay them enough money they should be able to come up with one little FTP. So off to UF.edu to search, search, search. And...Low and behold they offer their students 20MB of space. So now I have 30MB of space out there just waiting for me. But no FTP. AND...I can't find that free software place again. Still haven't found it. But I did find a place where they tell you about this UF software CD and they make it sound like EVERYONE knows about it, but no one told me. So now all I have to do is get this CD, because the internet says it has more than 1 FTP. Yee-Haw! But you have to actually get the CD. Like a physical copy. And I don't go to the gnv campus. So...Now I have to figure out how to get it. Hopefully I can figure out the right people to call and get them to send me a copy. Otherwise I will have to drive over there and kill someone for a copy, and that would be messy.
Was there a moral there? Nope. But I'll make one up anyway. Okay, how's this? With a little work you can achieve anything. Well you can't be president of the US if you aren't a natural born citizen, and you can't deliver a baby if you're a man, but you get my point. You can do anything, as long as anything is just finding free hosting space and a free FTP.

And here's a movie I made in case you're bored (You'll need Windows Media Player). It's my sister playing soccer. I doubt anyone will actually watch it, sorry if you have to go back in an hour.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.