My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Well, I had a post all ready to go this morning, but Blogger was not working right, probably because everyone else in the world was trying to post about the election.
I was really hoping Kerry wouldn't concede. I don't know why he did. It's not like we can't wait a day...or two if it comes to it. But I was already pretty sure he would lose, so it's not that big of a disappointment that he conceded. It is a big disappointment that he didn't win. But I also saw that coming. What we need is a strong candidate and I said during the primaries that I didn't think there were any REALLY standout candidates. I thought for a while Dean had something going but it became pretty clear that he didn't know how to keep the votes of people whose votes are important to the democrats. OF all the candidates from the primary Kerry was my second pick. But I was iffy on him. I didn't like Edwards. He spoke really well, but I always got the feeling he was talking in circles and never really saying anything. That never went away. And I really don't think he got enough chances to prove his charisma would be a major asset to the country.

My silver lining is this. After these four years we get a new group of top people. Bush can't run anymore and Cheney is too likely to die. And we have 4 years to find some really great candidates for both sides (I'm independent, I'd vote republican if I thought they were a good vote. I'm also pretty liberal so it's unlikely.) They have 4 years to find someone, make them stand out and then get an early start on campaigning. 4 years to find someone who has less than a ton of skeletons in the closet, and who actually makes more than 51% of the US happy. Someone who can take us back to being a country that the rest of the world doesn't make fun of and plot against. A place where the economy is decent, employment is up, healthcare is accessible (though not socialized), and we're not at or thinking about going to war with practically every volatile country in the world.
We have 4 years to find someone who sounds intelligent when they speak, and who garners the respect of the rest of the world.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.