My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Nothing in Particular

Things still seem pretty boring lately, but since I wore my, "I'm blogging this" t-shirt today, I figure I should blog.
Lori called me yesterday to see if I could go shopping with her. Her relationships are sometimes hard for me to follow because I don't talk to her as often as I should. Anyway, the guy she's seeing now was leaving today so she wanted to get a nice (but casual) outfit for their date last night. Shopping with her was a trip. We have completely different styles, so I doubt I did anything more than slow her down. But it was good to see her. And just recently something has occurred to me. When she was dating her ex-husband, I remember talking to Jenn and her completely agreeing with me when I said I thought Lori was rushing things, which was nice because when I tried to tell Lori that, she thought I was crazy. But Jenn completely agreed. At the time. Then last year she turned up married without even having told anyone, or even ever being engaged. Talk about rushing.
I'm still worried about Jenn, especially after the fiasco of Lori's marriage. I never in a million years would have thought that Lori would be divorced, she's just not the divorced kind of person, and even now, such a short time after her divorce she still seems to be rushing toward marriage again, she's just not exactly sure who it will be. She grew up in a stable home, and her parents loved each other and she wants that. To her that's what your life is supposed to be. That's what she wants for herself. She's achieved everything she ever wanted to with the exception of marriage and family and she wants to get on with it already. So...as I said I'm still worried about Jenn. Having met Carlos, I feel better, but one day meeting him is not enough to convince me. I feel bad thinking that, because I liked him. And he really seemed interested in her and her background. He kept asking me what Jenn was like, and it's really hard to answer those questions, to encompass everything we've been and done in a simple answer. No one you know well can be summed up in even a couple sentences. But he wanted to know her past, and her family. I liked him. And I would feel better had they gone the more traditional route, had I met him before they were married, or even engaged. Had her family met him, had we had more than a day to get to know each other. Had they had more time together before they became Mr. and Mrs. But I liked him, so I feel better. And really, it's not my marriage, so I can only worry so much. I hope they stay happy. And I hope the guy Lori is seeing is the right guy, and that they take a very long time to decide for sure. And that when they do decide it is a forever decision. And I hope they elope. When I talked to Carlos the other day he kept inviting me everywhere, he even told me I was invited to their wedding whenever they figure out when to have a formal ceremony. Jenn said she was glad he did that, because, you know, I wouldn't have come otherwise. But I have to say, I wouldn't be upset if I never have to attend another wedding in my life.

I keep taking pictures. Sometimes completely ridiculous ones, I have a few more of the gopher tortoise. I even took some of the bright house man. Since I have a flickr pro account I have practically unlimited uploading, so I always figure, why not. Anyway, here's the link to that.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.