My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

No Cavities

Living in Florida during the holidays is always interesting and nothing at all like the Christmas specials they play over and over. Last week when I was home we put up Christmas lights. I should say, I just stood on the ground and told Nikky not to fall off the roof. It's always interesting coordinating it and making sure all the strings are going in the right direction so that they all plug in. We have a string going up the bird feeder pole, and a couple lighted sign thing-ys. So we also have extension cords strung over the front yard. But they're green. My mom likes to point out that we have more extension cords than most of the manly-men of the world. Last year after we put up the lights she was talking to her new employee from Minnesota or Michigan (or one of those M states up there), he laughed so hard when she told him she wasn't sure what she would do when the lawn mower man came to do the lawn. According to him "you just don't mow around Christmas decorations."

So at one point we found a string of icicle lights that had 1 light out. So I set about replacing it. Of course I thought this would fix the problem so I put the string down and plugged it in only to find that now half the sting didn't work anymore and couldn't find the bad bulb. Opps. So I'm sitting on the lawn going through the entire strand changing one bulb at a time when I hear the unmistakable tinkles of "The Entertainer" playing.
"I hear the ice cream truck!"

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.