My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, May 29, 2003

Sloppy Joe's
About a year ago I had a completely different view of the world. Do you remember sloppy joe's from school. As if cafeteria food wasn't normally bad enough, they put some kind of meat slop onto a bun and called it lunch. School lunches are sooo gross. So until last summer that is the view I had of all sloppy joe's. They were gross and I wanted nothing to do with them. Then we went to Montauk (have you picked up the week's theme yet?). As usual we were a large group, but least year we were expanding. One of the new families was assigned to make dinner one night, for ALL of us. Normally it's a group effort, where there are several dishes that get made by several different people. But they had to do the whole meal. I couldn't imagine what they were going to do. They came up with Sloppy Joe's. I wasn't exactly excited, but I figured it would be okay. To my surprise they turned out absolutely wonderful. I am now a huge fan of Sloppy Joe's. I even make them myself occasionally. Who knew Sloppy Joe's could be earth-shattering? Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating. But I was impressed.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.