My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, April 10, 2003

Last Night
Last night I knew I had a long night ahead of me. I had to review all the revisions my thesis director wanted me to make. In order to this I first had to read what I wrote, then read what she wrote, and then decide what exactly it was she wanted me to do--sometimes this was difficult. Then I had to insert all the tables and figures. It shouldn't take as long as it did. SPSS produces tables for you, but then you have to go in and type the actual item names (instead of the abbreviations you used when entering the data), then you have to move stuff around, and delete columns, it wasn't too bad, but it took time. So about 12:30 I am finally done. I thought I was doing good, I had planned on it taking longer. My thesis director had asked me to get it to her this morning, but I had to work this morning, so I told her I would e-mail it to her the night before--which I would have done, if my internet hadn't magically ceased to work. I completely freaked out, if it hadn't been the middle of the night I would have been on the phone screaming at everyone who would listen about how I absolutely needed internet and I needed it NOW! But it was the middle of the night, so I restarted my computer, and messed with settings (it wireless, so I did a site survey to find out if there was a better signal available). Nothing worked. So I decided to take a break, relax, give it some time. I turned on the TV. The cable was out. Then I start to think about all the possible conspiracy theories, like maybe they are watching me and they know how important it is for me to get this paper out, so they took out my internet. And just to make sure I didn't forget to dwell on this they decided to take out the cable too. I'm a very anxious person, if you haven't figured that out by now. So anyway, I finally decide that I will wait until morning to send it. I figured by then everything should be fixed. I woke up at 7:15, and turned on my computer. Nope, not working. Messed with it for a while, still not working. Took a shower and when I came out it was back like magic. I sent the e-mail and the document, I hope it got to her. And the cable is back too. Soooo crisis averted. But I'm still mad.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.