My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Monday, April 07, 2003

Politics
I heard on CNN that the US military is in Baghdad. They told all the Iraqis that they should stay off the streets or that they would be shot. This is not amusing. They just pulled up outside and announced "We are here to save you; if we see you we will shoot you." I know they have their reasons, but I don't really think this was the way to do it. It has just increased my loathing level by a bazillion. I didn't want to go to war, I didn't like the reasons, I'm not comfortable with the patriot act, and I am really not comfortable with the fact that we are acting without UN backing. But we did go to war, and since there was nothing I could do about it, I accepted it. I am resigned to the fact that people are dying. Since we are there, and Saddam really is a not nice person, we might as well do this. I wouldn't have chosen it, but it wasn't my decision. Now I pray that it will end very soon, before more people die, before they call Jenn up. She's not worried, I am. It upsets her that other people worry.

It upsets me that September 11 has been used as a cause for this war. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bin Laden is not Hussein. The only time they have been linked has been in vague references that the president has made while trying to justify the war. There has been no proof. If there was proof surely we would have seen it, it would have been publicized. Everyone would be able to quote it chapter and verse. There is no proof. It upsets me because when they justify this war based on September 11, it's using those innocent victims' deaths as cause for more innocent deaths. It dishonors those that we lost in an extreme manner. It should be intolerable, but no one seems to notice.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.