My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Hooters and Pedophiles
Listened to the radio on my way home. Apparently some superintendent took some 8th graders to Hooters. And some parents found out, of course. This was probably not the smartest idea, but I don't see that much of a problem here. Being a heterosexual woman I've never really felt a need to go to Hooters, and so I've never been. But as I'm listening to all the controversy over this I'm thinking, it's just a restaurant where wings are served by girls in skimpy clothes, right? I'm not mistaken am I? There's nothing more going on right? And then this woman calls in and talks about how Hooters "promotes fornication and perversion" and how she doesn't appreciate hearing about it on the radio. Well it could have been the TV--and if you don't like it change the station. And then I thought fornication? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would have heard about it if there was fornication going on. So then the radio deejay was like, "What Hooters have I been going to?" I actually think they are going to check out all the Hooters bars in the area just to make sure they aren't missing out on the fornication and perversion. That woman's call didn't do anything to help her case, I could have told her that before she called. Honestly I probably wouldn't be too happy if someone took my 8th grader to Hooters, but I also don't think it's the end of the world. So in the end, after the crazy woman's call I'm totally on the radio stations side, and I hope that superintendent doesn't lose his job.

Did you know if go to thesaurus.com and type in religious one of the synonyms is ethical. I beg to differ. There are plenty of religous catholic priests out there, and a few of them are popping up as pedophiles. Now these pedophiles may be religious but I don't think anyone is going to argue that they are ethical. While they may, for the most part be synonymous they aren't always. It's like a rectangle is not always a square, but it can be under certain circumstances. Just wanted to let you know.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.